Allocation of available tuners

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,146 times. The last Post () by fevgatos.

• Hi

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm away from my box at the moment and can't check it. My Alien 2+ has 2 satellite tuners. If i connect tuner 1 to my USALS motor and tuner 2 to a fixed 28.2 dish (with the correct tuner settings set in Enigma2) would the box be clever enough to record a programme from 28.2 using the second tuner, while the USALS tuner is say at 13e or would it drive the motor to use tuner 1 to record the 28.2 programme?

I run OpenATV on the box if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance
    Ben

• Official Post

You can set your preferred tuner preference for recording purposes.
    But yes the box is clever lol
    Say you left the box on, watching a channel on 28.2 and you wanted to record a different 28.2 channel to the one your are watching (or you left the box ON rather than standby) then yes the motor would move to 28.2 and record.
    If the box was left in standby (so by freeing up both tuners) then the fixed dish would be used for a 28.2 recording, its easier than moving a motor......

Even if you had left the motor on say 19.e and you wanted to record something on 13e, the recording would take precedence and the motor would move so it could record the programme.

• Hi mate yes the can record one fix dish , cause you have single dish point at 28.2 east second tuner , and 1 tuner is USALS ,

Regards Nick

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!