help! No signal with motorized dish- VU+4k

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,353 times. The last Post () by meyouall.

• Hej everyone,

I get no signal at all after installing the dish and connected it with the HH moteck motor and my VU+ 4k receiver. The LNB attached to the dish is a duo quad (19.2E astra and 23.5 astra). I have connected the four cables from the LNB with a diseqc switch and of course one port of the switch is connected to the motor.

What am i doing wrong here? how am getting no signal at all?

• Hej everyone,

I get no signal at all after installing the dish and connected it with the HH moteck motor and my VU+ 4k receiver. The LNB attached to the dish is a duo quad (19.2E astra and 23.5 astra). I have connected the four cables from the LNB with a diseqc switch and of course one port of the switch is connected to the motor.

What am i doing wrong here? how am getting no signal at all?

Hi mate , very confuse system ,why is duo quad LNB on the motorise system ,you need single lnb , if is motorise system ,duo quad lnb must be on single dish and you can use diseqc switch ,wont work like you saying mate ,the dish isn't point nowhere ,explain more you situation ,and we can find solution,

regards Nick

Edited once, last by fevgatos ().

• It is kinda confusing. My intention wasn't to use duo LNB with a motorized dish but the second hand dish I bought these lnbs came with it. So I thought it could be useful cuz later on I saw on some forums that people have even 4 lnbs with a motorized dish. To be honest I really don't know the exact use of more than one LNB on a motorized dish cuz I think one can't use the set of lnbs for locking on some other set of satellites than they are intended or installed for in first place.
    I didn't get any signal even after disconnecting the f connectors from one of the two lnbs.

Is it possible that LNB(s) is(are) dead? Or is there something wrong with the set up and installation. I am kind of new to the set up a motorized dish. Please help.

• I have 3 lnbs on a switch on my motorized set up, peeps do this as they don't like waiting the second or two that it takes to change sats when channel surfing but you only really need one

Ps have you got your longitude and latitude set to your position, if not the dish will not move to the correct position

• Official Post

I have 3 lnbs on a switch on my motorized set up, peeps do this as they don't like waiting the second or two that it takes to change sats when channel surfing but you only really need one

Ps have you got your longitude and latitude set to your position, if not the dish will not move to the correct position

Surely if you moved the dish, at least 2 of those lnb's are out of position ??

• I have 28e 19e 13e
    My 28e cable runs straight to the solo2 from my motor on the dish and tuner A is set to usals which moves the dish when I change sats
    My other cable which is tuner B runs to a switch then to my other two lnb 13 and 19e so when I watch these sats it switches channels without moving the dish, it sounds like your trying to move the dish through a switch which I don't think will work although someone correct me if I,m wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Surely if you moved the dish, at least 2 of those lnb's are out of position ??

Of course they are if I want to watch something on another sat other than 28e 13e and 19e and the dish as moved to this sat then your other boxes in the house can only watch tv on whichever sat your dish is pointing at. If you want to watch two different sats at the same time the easiest thing to do is have two dishes

• Before you run you must walk.

Get a single lnb for the dish. Connect from lnb to motor, then from motor to Solo 4k.
    The motor moves the dish to various sats, so you do not need a "dual lnb"

Isn't this the same as What I have already tried by disconnecting one pair (as it is a quad output duo LNB) of the f-connectors from the duo LNB?

• Official Post

Isn't this the same as What I have already tried by disconnecting one pair (as it is a quad output duo LNB) of the f-connectors from the duo LNB?

Is this your lnb ??

I guess in theroy it will work, as monkified has it working, but in his case (i think) he has one main lnb and 2 others. Has your dish been lined up correctly ??

This is my issue if you are using a monoblock

• I dont know whether links to other websites are allowed here. I ll try nevertheless. This is my LNB: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quad-…QD43-GT-SAT/dp/B006WO1DB8
    If u can't see the link then u can google it. It is called GT-MDQD43

Well I have elevation and latitudes correctly set on the motor and the declination angle or whatever it is called is also aligned based on the manual of the motor I use.

• First and foremost is the pole that your dish motor is bolted to plumb?? if not your wasting your time...... you will never get a signal without the basics of setting it all up being done corectly.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Is the dish locked on the sat and your just not getting a picture, are the channels greyed out on the channel listing?

Look, in my solo 4k reciever menu when i go to 'satfinder' Or 'manual scan' select a satellite the motor moves the dish towards the satellite (at least i see it moving around lol) and on the same screen u have signal quality bars which doesn't move at all. So I don't get any channel.

- - - Updated - - -

McKee25, yes I fitted the pole using a level. So it is vertical.
    However when the motor moves the dish let's say 28 degrees east then the dish is little tilted to one side which is normal right?

• It sounds like your dish is not aligned up correctly, line the dish up to Thor 1w, once you have a good signal on that and your tuner is set to usals and the correct long and latitude details entered then it should work ok, that's how I did mine. And make sure you have an upto date channel list for example catseye for all sats which you can download straight to your box from the linuxsat addon

• I just found one mistake. I hope this is the game changer.
    I thought I am using a diseqc switch between the lnb(s) and the motor BUT actually it is a 4way splitter.
    Do you think this is the cause of the receiver showing no signal? Though I remember I once tried whether I get any signal by connecting cables from one of the lnbs to the splitter. Nothing happened!

I will edit my initial post in this thread by changing switch to splitter.

• Official Post

For setup purposes, run one cable from lnb to motor, then one cable from motor to solo4k
    Get signal on 1w and 30w and 39e, fine tune for best signal on those 3 sats. Your dish is then setup plumb.

Then look at playing with your other lnb and switch......

EDIT

You also need a up to date channel list and satellite.xml

• I just found one mistake. I hope this is the game changer.
    I thought I am using a diseqc switch between the lnb(s) and the motor BUT actually it is a 4way splitter.
    Do you think this is the cause of the receiver showing no signal? Though I remember I once tried whether I get any signal by connecting cables from one of the lnbs to the splitter. Nothing happened!

I will edit my initial post in this thread by changing switch to splitter.

Hi mate , isn't easy to install motorise system without knowledge or some one can help you, if you living Bristol or round west text me at pm i will fix for you , other way i will show you video how you can manage to install from beginning , i am satellite installer here and i can help you ,

regards Nick

• Hi mate , isn't easy to install motorise system without knowledge or some one can help you, if you living Bristol or round west text me at pm i will fix for you , other way i will show you video how you can manage to install from beginning , i am satellite installer here and i can help you ,

regards Nick

Thanks, Nick. I dont live in England. Otherwise I would have definitely invited u for a drink and a hand with installing the satellite.
    I will appreciate it if u share the video of the installation with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot. I am gonna buy a single LNB soon and replace it with duo LNB on the dish but isn't there a way that I could use one of the lnbs of this duo/dual LNB I already have?

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!