Port forwarding

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,852 times. The last Post () by fulgas.

• hiya I am trying to set up port forwarding on a talktalk router to allow Enigma TV.

I have been trying for days with no luck. please please please can someone help me.

I am just totally at a loss as I have no knowledge of port forwarding. :-(

• Think it's under the "advanced" tab.
    Then scroll down to "NAT" and it's under "port mapping"
    Enter in your receiver's ip and port you'd like to use.
    This video may be helpful (although it's for minecraft, the principal is the same, no need to watch beyond 59 seconds)

Code
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPQq_m-L5Ls
  • Thanks mate. still cant get it

Think it's under the "advanced" tab.
    Then scroll down to "NAT" and it's under "port mapping"
    Enter in your receiver's ip and port you'd like to use.
    This video may be helpful (although it's for minecraft, the principal is the same, no need to watch beyond 59 seconds)

Code
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPQq_m-L5Ls
  • Can you get it to work within your home network (don't need to open a port within your own network)
    What image/receiver are you trying to use it with?
    I presume we're talking about using the android app.

• hiya I am trying to set up port forwarding on a talktalk router to allow Enigma TV.

whats teh make in model of teh router ?

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• the make is a HUAWEI HG635 and port forwarding is long winded but easy when you do it once. This is a bit from memory, so you are logged on. select internet. select port forwarding

1. select port mappimg, 2. click new port mapping, 3. mappimg name, give it what you want. 4. application from drop dwn wiindow selct, i choose dns.5 click on add port mapping application. 6. scroll down and click on port mapping. 7 fill in name, then entyer port number if one port end will be same, enter same for internal, click save. By the way I usually choose tcp/udp but I dont use al lot. when you click save you will see the item you have port forwarded. click edit, clcik add port mapping, scroll down and see your device cliick edit to see ports. Hope this helps but boy its long winded.

just to add see this video!

Edited 4 times, last by bmitie ().

• no custom FW avail for router either and i see they want your VPN details to add it to it hahahhahaah still giggle at handing over yer user n pas to talktalk o have secure net lol

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Hi McKee25

Internet Service Provider (ISP): Virgin Media
    Broadband connection type: DSL or cable.
    Make/Model of Modem/Router: Thomson TWG870UIR
    Ubuntu 120.4 Server

Hello all,

Recently, I upgraded my internnet speed and received a new router/modem Thomson TWG870UIR. Since I've been having issue with my machine. I want to be able to view the server's webpage from a remote host, as I can when connected to the LAN it is hosted in.

When I type in the local IP address of the machine, I get the default apache2 webpage displayed, saying "It works!". However, when I tried entering my external IP, my web browser gave me a connection timeout error. I used my phone's data connection as well, in case my ISP is blocking loop-back requests. This gave the same error.

I port forwarded the server already, so this is not the issue. I then tried to fiddle with some of the other settings in my router's menu. I noticed that when I changed the DMZ Host's IP address to the local IP address of the server, the server was reachable from remote networks, until I rebooted. I have to click "apply" in the DMZ Host tab again to make it work, but I would have to do so every single time I rebooted the machine.

My home-server is only reachable from remote networks after I click "apply" in my router's DMZ Host settings, every time I reboot it.
    I have use all the possible guides from https://portforward.com/thomson-alcatel/twg-870/ but the port 80 does not seem to be working...

How do I get my router to 'save' the DMZ settings, or how do I make sure the server stays reachable from the outside, without having to click "apply" every time I reboot?

Thanks in advance,

See if you can find your routers make & model in the list on this website.... https://portforward.com/router.htm

Then follow the guide.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi McKee25

Internet Service Provider (ISP): Virgin Media
    Broadband connection type: DSL or cable.
    Make/Model of Modem/Router: Thomson TWG870UIR
    Ubuntu 120.4 Server

Hello all,

Recently, I upgradeed my internnet speed and received a new router/modem Thomson TWG870UIR. Since I've been having issue with my machine. I want to be able to view the server's webpage from a remote host, as I can when connected to the LAN it is hosted in.

When I type in the local IP address of the machine, I get the default apache2 webpage displayed, saying "It works!". However, when I tried entering my external IP, my web browser gave me a connection timeout error. I used my phone's data connection as well, in case my ISP is blocking loop-back requests. This gave the same error.

I port forwarded the server already, so this is not the issue. I then tried to fiddle with some of the other settings in my router's menu. I noticed that when I changed the DMZ Host's IP address to the local IP address of the server, the server was reachable from remote networks, until I rebooted. I have to click "apply" in the DMZ Host tab again to make it work, but I would have to do so every single time I rebooted the machine.

My home-server is only reachable from remote networks after I click "apply" in my router's DMZ Host settings, every time I reboot it.
    I have use all the possible guides from https://portforward.com/thomson-alcatel/twg-870/ but the port 80 does not seem to be working...

How do I get my router to 'save' the DMZ settings, or how do I make sure the server stays reachable from the outside, without having to click "apply" every time I reboot?

Thanks in advance,

See if you can find your routers make & model in the list on this website.... https://portforward.com/router.htm

Then follow the guide.

Edited once, last by fulgas: typo ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!