VU+DUO STUCK in Starting after flashing new image.

There are 42 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 15,048 times. The last Post () by kiri.

• I wonder if you are installing with correct procedure? download image-> unRAR it to a usb stick,in usb stick you will see a folder named vuplus-> inside the vuplus folder you will see another folder named vuo duo.
    Another point is when the iamge has been read + programmed the box ,you should unplug the usb stick then switch off at mains then switch back on ,give it a few seconds and it will say starting as it loads the image.

RAR file extract to normal file. USB format FAT32 upload screen shows loading DARK ELITE its an hour now...

• try a clean image from HERE
    see if it loads properly then load up whichever image you like after.
    if you get a negative result ,then maybe check see if its still under guarantee

• thanks finally i managed to load old image with ping eon. Now the problem is when i auto scan ;sometime i get channels 1006 and sometime 262.
    Confusing part its HD channel works fine but normal non HD channels'shake-shake, picture are blurrrr and shakky. I have re-check all the cable;and done to factory reset but still the same.

Anyone??
    regards,
    Kiri

• Hi - I am having the same problem as kiri - brand new vu duo+ (not a clone) hooked it up to the dish yesterday using the image the box came with and everything working fine.

Today i try to flash an image as per these instructions

1. Format you memory stick on you PC FAT32.
    2. Create a directory in called vuplus.
    3. Within the the vuplus directory create another folder called duo.
    4. Unzip the USB upgrade files into that directory.
    5. Power off your VU+ Duo.
    6. Insert memory stick into front USB slot.
    7. Power on your VU+ Duo and follow the on screen instructions.

First image i tried was black hole - BlackHole Vu+ DUO 1.7.2 (media-tree) during this attempt the box read the usb erased and then started programming - the programming went on for 10 mins or so - I was under the impression that this should take a minute max so i knocked the box off at the back and removed the stick.

Second attempt with a different image New VTI 4.0 image - this one worked as per above instructions in a few minutes and the box instructed me to remove usb and power box off.

Having done this i now have a box that says Starting on the display and nothing on the tv.

I have tried flashing the original image posted on this thread and i still get the Starting message.

I've tried all this on two different usb sticks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

clippert

• I bought it in SEPT 2011 hope its not clone

why do you hope its not a clone my clone is the best thing ive ever bought running bh 1.7.2 great bit of kit nowt wrong with the clone

THANKYOU TO COMING TO THIS FANTASTIC SITE AND POSTING YOUR COMMENTS AND KNOWLEDGE FOR US ALL TO USE LONG LIVE THIS SITE

• why do you hope its not a clone my clone is the best thing ive ever bought running bh 1.7.2 great bit of kit nowt wrong with the clone

for some maybe but not the many many users reporting problems with their boxes overheating on the ferrari forum.. your also locked into a game of cat and mouse with clones as to when Vu decide to implement new measures to disable clones. Personally i'd rather pay the extra £100 for the warranty and hassle free operation i know a original gives. but each to their own i suppose.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• what have you done ,changes ,new installation ,etc, to provoke the situation again??
    I sometimes get this situation on my UNO if the image hasnt been properly fully 100% installed,,
    by elimination of steps I put it down to a faulty usb penstick not the box....so try a different usb penstick and try installing again..

• day before when i switchon tele and it stuck on >STARTING. I tried most of image but no sucess, some image it shows programming....unplug and reboot and than...nothing happen...sometime reading USB.......i desperately need help....anyone....

thanks, cazuela for quick response,....

• day before when i switchon tele and it stuck on >STARTING. I tried most of image but no sucess, some image it shows programming....unplug and reboot and than...nothing happen...sometime reading USB.......i desperately need help....anyone....

thanks, cazuela for quick response,....

as has already been suggested try another USB stick to rule out the current one your using from being defective.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• ^^^i ve 4 usb sticks and did tried one on one...to make sure its not box but failed...still stuck in READING USB and sometime STARTING...what do you suggest??i m planning to do HOW TO BRING ALIVE YOUR BRICK VU+ DUO...do you think it worth trying.................

• when you switching it off at the back of box... are switching it off and then back on right away or giving it about a minute and then switching it back on?

I found that if I switch box off and on too quickly it gets stuck on starting....

Thats the only bother I had with it being stuck on starting....

• as suggested above that or possibly too much caché still not cleared...
    leave the box unplugged for a night then install the clean image I passed on in earlier posts and let it run for a while..
    Not much else really comes to mind ,,but if you consider that within 3 days I have changed and uploaded 3 different backups without a hiccough then it gives you an idea just how resilient these boxes are...
    I dont think it is bricked ..just in need of some TLC ( tender loving care ;)

• give it a kick lol. Like caz says... Chopping and changing images upgrades the lot all work perfectly fine,

you seem to have a very strange fault!

What did you do the last time you managed to solved it?

• give it a kick lol. Like caz says... Chopping and changing images upgrades the lot all work perfectly fine,

you seem to have a very strange fault!

What did you do the last time you managed to solved it?

#

HAHAHAHAH............last resort is to bin in garbage...

Last time i did tried all sort of image..manage to download funny penguen image----ingma II its says...later i manage to download blackhole 1.7 this time it has been 5 days struggling to sort this out but no luck...what funny is ive taken days off to fix this issue....but.......:-(((((

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!