can i connect 2 boxs to one dish

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,349 times. The last Post () by shamonemf.

• hi guys i'm about to purchase another box for the bedroom question is can i somehow conect it to the existing motorised dish and split the cable feed or will i need a seperate dish

• If you want to be able to watch a separate channel on both boxes, what you need is a new LNB on your dish.
    You can get single, double, quad or octo LNB's. You then run a separate cable from the dish to your 2nd box.

• They could both control it, but would only pickup 1 transponder at a time, so you'd have the same channel (or group of channels) on both boxes.
    A multi LNB will let you pick up separate frequencies on each cable.

• so boths boxes would have the ability to move the dish ?
    what would happen if the dm800 downstairs was at 28.2 and the upstairs dm500 was sent to 13 e

• Obviously you couldn't watch 2sats at the same time.
    One box would connect to the motor and the other direct to the LNB so wouldn't be able to move the dish.
    If the dish was moved on 1 box, then the other box would have to watch the same sat.

• sorry ddaddy i'm not explaining it correctly
    single lnb motorised dish connected to DM800 then looped from dm800 to the dm500 could the dm500 move the dish ?

• Ahh sorry, I can't answer that sorry. Someone else will have to.
    If you will only ever use only 1 of the boxes at a time, then it might work, but if you'll ever want to use both on separate channels then you'd be better with a multi LNB.

• yes got ya there ddaddy i do have a sky dish too so can use that but wanted the ability to move the dish just in case i wanted to watch a different sat upstairs

• You could always move the dish on the downstairs box before going upstairs.
    You could even use the web interface to change sat on the downstairs box using a laptop or mobile phone.

• Another option is to use a magic eye so you only have 1 box but send the pic upstairs also and you also get a signal repeater. This would then allow you to move it upstairs too.

Take a look at sligboxes too, then you could also watch your tv and control it anywhere in the world with an internet connection.

:shamon:

• I'm sure that there is a setting in the menu that, when the 800 is in standby, the voltabe feed to the lnb is removed. This will allow the 500 to control and use the dish as if it was directly connected. In some images it's referred to as 'deep standby'. It can be done but you need to do your homework for the settings etc.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• I'm sure that there is a setting in the menu that, when the 800 is in standby, the voltabe feed to the lnb is removed. This will allow the 500 to control and use the dish as if it was directly connected. In some images it's referred to as 'deep standby'. It can be done but you need to do your homework for the settings etc.

Found this info Gemini2 project

* Discrete OFF(Standby) by shift-0, ON by shift-1, OFF (Deep Standby) by shift-2 (DM8000 not with original Remotecontrol)

:shamon:

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!