ultimo 4k tuners

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,963 times. The last Post () by Gerry55.

• Thanks for the reply bak07
    At the moment I have 4 tuners in my Duo2, does that mean that I wouldn't need to install any extra tuners for my present setup?

You'd be best off installing a Unicable LNB to take advantage of the FBC tuners. With 2 FBC tuners connected to a Unicable LNB you will effectively have 8 tuners available whilst only using / needing 2 cables.

This is how I understand it anyway

In fact, having just done some more reading up on it, you'd need a Unicable LNB with a splitter in order to make use of BOTH FBC tuners, without a splitter you will only be able to use one of the FBC tuners. However this is still the equivalent of 4 "normal" tuners like you currently have, albeit with just one cable coming in from the LNB.

Inverto seem to make what you'd need

Edited 3 times, last by jim1985 ().

• Official Post

You'd be best off installing a Unicable LNB to take advantage of the FBC tuners. With 2 FBC tuners connected to a Unicable LNB you will effectively have 8 tuners available whilst only using / needing 2 cables.

This is how I understand it anyway

Yup me too, so in theory it could have 10 tuners.

What i do not understand is why there is nothing similar to FBC for cable.

• Official Post

To make full use of a uni-cable LNB, you will need a splitter. With a normal LNB, you cannot split the signal, with unicable you can. The number of channels determines how many receivers/(physical tuners) you can use. They do not have to be FBC tuners.

Unicable LNBs have 4 channels. So you can have 1 signal wire from LNB to first landing. Connect to Splitter 1.
    One wire from splitter 1 to room 1 and connect to splitter 2. Two wires from splitter 2 to both tuners of receiver. E.g TM Nano 3T.
    One wire from splitter 1 to room 2 and connect to splitter 3. Two wires from splitter 3 to both tuners of receiver. E.g Mutant 2400

All 4 tuners would need to be set for the a specific channel. An example of channels below.

Output IF Channel 1 (SCR0) 1210 MHz
    Output IF Channel 2 (SCR1) 1420 MHz
    Output IF Channel 3 (SCR2) 1680 MHz
    Output IF Channel 4 (SCR3) 2040 MHz

Unicable 2 LNBs allow up to 32 channels. There are a few on Amazon. In my view they should really alter their site and have an entry/description for number of channels. This lack of description has led to some sellers describing as quad/quattro. This is wrong. Retail websites should really fix this.

There are a few brands. All will use a 40mm collar. If you are using a sky dish, you may need an adapter as recent dishes use 38mm.

If you have two FBC tuners, they are still two tuners. Yes you can access more frequencies. It is important to note that they are still two tuners. Otherwsie, if physical tuners A&B are used and you try to run CrossEPG downloader, it will not run because there is no free tuner. If you assume that you have more than two tuners, that understanding will cause issues.

FBC tuners basically allow for more internal loopthrough. They do not need a unicable LNB (although that adds more options). To explain, on a normal LNB and one tuner. If you record BBC1 HD, you cannot record ITV 1 HD. (I am using the London region in this example.) However, you can do this with an FBC tuner.

• Thanks for all the reply's, this is getting complicated I have a sly dish with a twin LNB, a motorized 1.2m with a single LNB and a 1.0m fixed with a single LNB.

So what is the easiest and cheapest way to continue with this setup after changing to a Ultimo 4k?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!