how to backup image and settings for DM800HD dreamboxuk image

There are 33 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 16,445 times. The last Post () by henrycraig.

• sorry im a bit of a newbie.not sure what you mean by sending image to external flash of Barry allen
    can u ellaborate or guide me of what u mean please?

• The save to path in dreambox control center was used for HDD as an example, if you dont have a HDD, only USB, then edit the save to path, /media/usb/backup.

ive changed it in Dcc to /media/usb/backup and ive pressed backup.that was 20min ago.not sure if Dcc has crashed or its still doing something as the mouse pointer is showing that its doing somthing or maybe it has frozen:confuse:

• ive changed it in Dcc to /media/usb/backup and ive pressed backup.that was 20min ago.not sure if Dcc has crashed or its still doing something as the mouse pointer is showing that its doing somthing or maybe it has frozen:confuse:

the usb i have in the box i just pushed into the box.do i need to mount or anything(even thow im not sure how to do that)usb seems up as its downloding EPG ok so dont think i need to change anything their.
    Dcc if definantly frozen.still showing its doing something ass egg tiner is still showing.i recon its crashed.40 min gone and still nothijoint10ng

• I have not found that to be the case personally, for example.
    DUO DBUK 2.1.2 beta1 image.

menu>setup>software management>advanced options>choose backup location.
    you can also from here pick the files you wish to backup such as the USR folder etc.

menu>setup>software management>backup system settings. this creates a backup of the settings using the options you set above.

to make a image backup

menu>plugins>download plugins>extensions>backupsuite (8.3). install this.
    then go back to plugins.
    menu>plugins>full backup on HDD or full backup to USB.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• want to backup image and all settings so to do that i can just install that extention and backup image which will backup all settings with it? or do i need to do the first part as well(menu>setup>software management>advanced options>choose backup location.
    you can also from here pick the files you wish to backup such as the USR folder etc.

menu>setup>software management>backup system settings. this creates a backup of the settings using the options you set above.).

• first mount the USB or HDD .reboot.
    Second : a FULL backup includes all settings ,configs, everything that the image contains.
    Third ,until you try it you will never know if it works and nobody else will know either ,so remember to post your tests and results here ;)

• install the plugin then make a backup of the image.

i have just made a full backup of my own setup to the HDD in around 5 minutes. i can then FTP this backup to my pc for later use.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• ive downloaded backupsuite but not backupsuite (8.3) version its a lesser version i see in addons but cant seem to locate it on the box.can anyone tell me where i can find it after i install it even thow the one i installed is not that version i get from addons? where can i access the one i installed as cant see it in addons.
    any help will be appreciated as been at this for some days now:confuse:

• this backupsuite (8.3) what i managed to get does not seem compatible with dreambox.this is what i get when i try to install

(installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite (8.3) to root
    collected errors
    opkg_download_pkg package enigma2 plugin extensions backupsuite is not available from any configured src
    opkg install pkg failed to download enigma2 plugin extensions backupsuite
    prerhaps you need to run opkg update ?
    opkg install cmd cannot install package enigma2 plugin extensions backupsuite
    execution finished)

thats the messege i get when i try to install
    any help please with this or any other way i can backup my image and setting:too_sad:

need support please

• You can also take a backup with DCC, dflash plugin must be installed.

Many thanks. Just used this successfully to create full backup .nfi of my DM800HD original :20_003:

For anyone else struggling with it I used dFlash ver.3.3, DCC-E2 v1.42 and had latest OpenPli in flash.
    Haven't tried restoring using the created .nfi yet. But if it saves me re-installing plugins, settings etc. I will be one happy dude.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!