how to backup image and settings for DM800HD dreamboxuk image

There are 33 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 16,446 times. The last Post () by henrycraig.

• can someone please tell me best way to backup my current image settings and all on my DM800HD.i want to check out some other images but when i return to my original image i dont want to have to mess around with setting up all settings and updates again.

• Hi , there is a plug in in gemini serveur or in google

dreambackup or flashbackup , it save your current image in usb flash disk that you put in your dreambox 800

a+

Dm 800 HD + [Dm 500s x 2] + Local : 3311 ,3315 [ CCcam ]

• im using dreamboxuk latest image.ive installed TSpanel but cant seem to locate it on dreambox so i can the backup tools in TSpanel or maybe i can install the tools mentioned above?

• if you have clone box then above will do

for original boxes use dflash-backup

yes i have a clone.when you say above not sure what you mean.i installed TSpanel but cant seem to locate it so maybe its not installed as i know you can use tools in the TSpanel to backup.can you or anyone please confirm what i need to do.sorry a bit of a newbie.just wonna backup settings and image so i can check out others and then come back to orig without wrorrying about doing all settings and stuff again.

• Not sure of the vix settings on a dm800,,,but normally you Ftp the ipk to your /tmp file then install local package then reboot/restart.

thanks for all your help.have manged to get TSpanal installed.thanks cazuela and all

• tried backing up.created a image but it was saying image is ssl 84b when i was using an ssl84a not 84b.tried to update box and its an error so had to revert back to orig image which is ssl84a.i also got an error when i finished creating the backup(green crash screen)maybe when i was creating the backup maybe i should of used the other option instead of sim2 option.so now i have to reflash with orig image and set settings all over again.any help will be appreciated.

the error i got when trying to use backup image was when it started to boot after the first dreamboxuk screen the second dreamboxuk screen does not show but its booting as u see the icon whitch lets u know its doing someting but once finish booting it say no tuner and when u try to retune it says no tuner.i got this error before on orig image when i tried to do a software update so i just did not do any updates on orig image so donno.im lost

the inigma updates are ok but if i try to do a full update of all update it comes with no tuner error so i only do inigma updates.wondering if this is causing my backup image to come withe same error.donno

• i give up.error on Dcc is
    Backup failed! Please check telnet screen and /tmp/backup.log
    Backup failed!
    their is no backup.log file in temp folder.
    i give up

• I am actually attempting same procedure, but keep getting the error below.
    Backup failed! Please check telnet screen and /tmp/backup.log
    Backup failed!

The content of /tmp/backup.log looks this:

Note: Adding '/media/net' to ignore Path
    --------- Dumping ignore path list ----------------
    * '/media/net'
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Note: Adding '/autofs' to ignore Path
    * '/media/net'
    * '/autofs'
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Note: Adding '/media/swap' to ignore Path
    * '/media/net'
    * '/autofs'
    * '/media/swap'
    ----

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!