do i need to update oscam

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 670 times. The last Post () by ferdi.

• hi everyone,

i am running Ubuntu 14 x64 desktop with OSCAM 9584. Its been running smooth and i haven`t updated anything in 2 years on my server as i truly believe in "dont fix it if its not broken". Especially when i dont do enough regular linux to remember how i installed stuff.

Anyway, my question is, do i need to update my OSCAM version?. i am seeing 5-8 second freezes often on the hour and especially coinciding with kick-off of football matches on 28e. It's not bad and it doesn't tend to happen more than a few times a day. Plus i noticed recently HD channels from the other sports provider (who offer European games midweek) has dropped off and no longer clear, is this normal for everyone or does a later version of OSCAM fix this?

thanks

• It's impossible to know if an update would improve your viewing as we don't know the finer details of your setup.
    However there have been many enhancements added and some features have been made obsolete in the version you are running.
    For what it take I would update to the latest and keep your current bin file if you don't feel an update helps.

• if your using a payserver then its prob the server thats overloaded, if its worked ok for the last 2yrs i doubt its oscam but try the latest version see if it helps, i,m using an old 10096 without a prob with my own cards

• if your using a payserver then its prob the server thats overloaded, if its worked ok for the last 2yrs i doubt its oscam but try the latest version see if it helps, i,m using an old 10096 without a prob with my own cards

monkfield now now, your not sugesting this kind of thing goes on in this forum ?

• monkfield now now, your not sugesting this kind of thing goes on in this forum ?

payserver, wheres this come ? not a chance mate. i didnt suggest use of one and i deplore these blood suckers. i have had my own white card tucked away in my omnicard reader since 2013 and i dont share with any other server.

the freezes are somewhere between my server (running oscam 9584) and my cccam boxes around the house (running openvix cccam 2.30), all on the same lan.

since i dont often tinker in linux, i am aware i need to understand a bit clearer the easiest pain free way to update oscam. Is it as simple as replacing of the bin file and oscam carries on working after a service restart?

Edited once, last by chris16v ().

• Give simplebuild a go to update oscam, there is a great detailed tutorial here:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=30959

If you followed this tutorial when setting up your server, simplebuild is probably already installed:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/sh…scam-only-Install-Package

To check, log into your server in root,
    then

Code
    cd /opt

Code
    cd simplebuild

Code
    ./simplebuild menu

It'll run simplebuild if it's installed , then follow the tutorial from section 2 on.

• Sorry pal my mistake it was the

"i noticed recently HD channels from the other sports provider (who offer European games midweek) has dropped off and no longer clear"

that made me think it was somthing else

• Official Post

I`m using oscam 9566 on my ubuntu and omnikey and it doesn`t freeze..

The problem might be with CCcam on your boxes and not the server..

I`ve noticed the same thing here with CCcam 2.3.0, that doesn`t happen when i use OSCam.. So i know its not the server..

CCcam seems to be becoming more unstable on the latest images.

• i think it will be a lot less risk to swap cccam for oscam on my boxes first rather than update my server. seems more logical to take this approach.

thanks for ideas about streamboard for updating my ubuntu server, i do remember my install script was from this forum and pretty sure it included streamboard. i will most likely do this after i swap my client boxes over to oscam.

• i think it will be a lot less risk to swap cccam for oscam on my boxes first rather than update my server. seems more logical to take this approach.

thanks for ideas about streamboard for updating my ubuntu server, i do remember my install script was from this forum and pretty sure it included streamboard. i will most likely do this after i swap my client boxes over to oscam.

There are various scripts
    try to edit your rc.local

together we grow - ferdi

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!