Vu+ Duo set up problem

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,786 times. The last Post () by sean1798.

• Guys – need some help!!!
    I was running dm500 with no problems. I upgraded to a Vu+ Duo 2 days ago. I disconnected dm500 and set up the Vu+ Duo.
    I flashed image with PLi-2.1-beta-vuduo-20120224_usb. Didn’t work initially – then I seen a thread re USB 3 upgrade – folloed instructions and reloaded image file – Pli successfully loaded. Setup network info –all ok. Got c-line from friend and added it but I am only getting free channels???
    Checked c-line is in /etc – all ok. Friend that gave me c-line cannot see me???
    I removed Vu+ Duo and reinstalled dm500 – all channels are available and friend can see me!
    C-lines and IPs are different for each box.
    Anybody got any ideas what’s going wrong?
    Thanks in advance, sean1798.

• did you ensure you set the Default cam option correctly ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Hi - I followed the instructions below - file installed successfully. not sure what next step is?? still only getting free chanels

How to install CCcam 2.2.0 on the VU+DUO using VIX image ......

Extract the file "enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.0_1.0-r2_mipsel"
    Then FTP to the folder /tmp on the VU+

Press "Menu", then "Setup", next "Vix", "Ipk installer".

Press the Green button to install

• If that is the message you are getting it looks like the cam has not installed properly,if it had you should see on the screen when you press the "blue" button 2 cams installed,whichever one is active will be showing below it, ie "common interface" when you do get cccam installed and you have the message showing on the blue panel to show you 2 cams installed,you would just press the arrow button to the left until it shows the softcam being whichever version of ccam you have installed then press "ok" to start it.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi all,

I got it sorted. Thanks a mill for all the advice. The last post - everything you need... your not kidding! Found what I needed in there.

I think the original ipk file must have been a dud - although it said it loaded successfully.

Anyway - this has got me started.

Again - may thanks.

• sean1798- you´ll find that coming from dreambox e1 to vu e2 is a nice big step ;)
    But with our addons (all tested + tried including made by linuxsat team + users) ) are the most up-to-date workings that do the job perfectly
    to suit/cover just about all needs!!
    whichever the image you choose to stay with ,don´t be shy to try out others!!
    reading is the hard part ,testing is the easy part and learning is the fun part!!!!
    Enjoy it with us!!
    caz ;)

• Thanks for all the support - thought I'd post my setup notes for anyone wanting to set up Vu+ Duo..........

#Upgrade USB

1) Format USB key for fat 32
    2) Load Duo_cfe_3_0.usb on to key (only put this file on the key at this stage)
    3) Plug in to USB port on box and upload

#Flash image

4) Remove file above from USB key
    5) Load Blackhole 1.7.1 software on to USB key
    6) Insert USB key in to box and follow instructions on box display

#Download CCcam

7) Open DCC program and connect to box
    8) FTP 'enigma2_plugin_extensions_tspanel_4.4_mipsel.ipk' to box
    9) Go to box and press <GREEN> button #######This will dispaly the Addons#######
    10) Select TSPanel (everything for your image)
    11) Press <OK>
    12) Select Addons
    13) Select linuxsat_support_Addons and press <OK>
    14) Select Cams_CCcam 2.3.0 ######Top of list#######
    15) Select CCcam_2.3.0_Blackhole
    16) Press <OK> to install
    17) Press <BLUE> button when install is complete ######This will reboot the box######

#Add C-line

18) Open CCAm Line Manager and add your c-line
    19) Reboot box
    20) Enjoy!!!!!

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!