sly broadband and cardsharing

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,016 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• I have done cardsharing tests between me and my friend ones on virgin broadband and ones on sly broad band. what the proability of chance of being found out. is anybody else doing this method what i am doing with out major problems.?

• could we secure our selves a bit more by ssh tunnel to encrypt our traffic on the ports we use. I have to swap the box back today as I have not got the mutiroom part surely *** would think its a bit odd my sly box is turn off.
    One more question do you think sly has the ability to interrogate the card from the phone line to see if it sees the box with no card init, or do they only phone it just to check its still at the location it should be at.

• i have used a multiroom card in Spain for many years and know many other people who have also. so i would say the chances of sly interrogating your card/box over the phone line is very slim.
    not saying they wont, but slim

• So should cs allways be done with the mutiroom card. would it be trickker to do with 1 sly box on with no card in the slot and the sly box powered up with just phone line.? wondering what other's do?
    I have only done 2 days of cs test would it be wise to get mutiroom now and put the other box sly box back back for now. im thinking if something goes wrong with that card i be stuck kind of?

thanks for information you guy's have provided.

• i have not got multi room yet I was just doing a dreambox to dreambox at 2 different locations... is it a must to get multiroom.

• It is not a must to get multiroom to share your card in two locations.

wat would you do.. would you just leave the box on with phone line plugged into it, with power on or off???, mine is off at the mo any suggestions

whats the method with no multiroom

• with 1 card you dont need to have your box plugged in to phoneline
    with multiroom subs sly insist you have both boxes plugged in to phoneline
    if you cs with 1 or both cards, then Never connect the boxes to a phoneline without the card in the box

personally if I used a multiroom card for cs id Never connect that box/card to a phoneline, ever ;)

• Never attach box without card to line
    1 box - you don't need attached.
    Multiroom - the box gets interrogated regularly via phone line and if is not found with card in, sly converts the subscription - aka you will receive invoice for full 2nd package instead multiroom next month.

• Touch wood , ive had both cards in an oscam server for 12 months (prior to that multiroom card was in spanish apartment for 18 mths) , to date i have had 1 warning over not having multiroom box connected! Never did connect it and never heard another thing , both my *** boxes are under the stairs :-). I think if its just 2 cards fully loaded with subs they arnt bothered , its when you have 4 or 5 they start to wonder.......

• Touch wood , ive had both cards in an oscam server for 12 months (prior to that multiroom card was in spanish apartment for 18 mths) , to date i have had 1 warning over not having multiroom box connected! Never did connect it and never heard another thing , both my *** boxes are under the stairs :-). I think if its just 2 cards fully loaded with subs they arnt bothered , its when you have 4 or 5 they start to wonder.......

when i called up for a muti room box i got of ebay, they said nothing about needing a line as well as sent me a new card for it

the c/s person went on to say that everything will be going rj45 soon for all services so you wont need a phone line

• with 1 card you dont need to have your box plugged in to phoneline
    with multiroom subs sly insist you have both boxes plugged in to phoneline

I haven't had either Sly box plugged into phone for years now...for last 2 years cards been in different houses....no problems at all.

• had my sly card in my 7025 from the day it first came out running gbox so you can tell how long ago that was.
    sold my *** box the day after on feabay moved house 2 years ago had my card still in my box got another new box SOLD white card came out a week later
    still s/c worked fine changed isp to sly 8 months or so later bang all gone no sly no isp had to find new isp pay for new phone line no sly, got me.
    so now i have no sly card no sly contract nothing must go getting late and the is a good film on sly movies i must watch:: UP YOURS UNCLE RUPERT.

• Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!