VU+ Duo PSU Problems, 12v Supply drops below 10v when HDD spins up

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 702 times. The last Post () by bibic.

• Hello all, As the thread title states, I have a VU+ Duo here from a friend, I know its a genuine one too, Its having some power issues, It would not boot at all due to defective PSU board, I have got a replacement from ebay and the box now boots but has some problems using the HDD due to Low voltage on the 12v rail when load is applied, I have tested the box using my PSU from my own duo and all is working fine so its defo the power board, My guess is a cap or something but which one, I can solder so swapping it is no bother, Plus i have the old board so i have the parts needed hopefully, Symptoms of old board is no lights at all, no DC voltage on it at all, Im not an electronics engineer but have a basic understanding of general electric components and i can solder prety well

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!