vu+ duo flash problems

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,830 times. The last Post () by smurf54.

• ive had my box sine end of december iv never been able to flash using usb i flashed a vix nfi image using a cable via vu utl.the other day my electric went off in house when i re boote the image froze so i tried reflashing using vu utl but it wouldnt connect tried allsorts of ways nothing so i tried usb with all different images nothing again just stops on the starting up the only image to work is the vu+ image original the the latest version is there anyway of flashing an image via filezilla which is connecting.:sad:

• this is a totally clean IMAGE (version 7.0)
    Remember to press the channel- button (nearest the usb frontal) after switching on the box at the back ,it will then search in the usb to start..once finished you should remove the usb and again switch off back then on again then let it boot up.

• make sure nothing else is plugged in to other usb ports.. manual channel- button is the one to press
    look at the similar posts below this and see if any other users have had a similar experience..

• Official Post

Pressing the channel- button while trying to flash is only needed for Ultimo and Uno, Duo and Solo will automatically read from USB.

You will need to upgrade the bootloader for the Duo to be able to use the latest images, without it you will get a black screen.

Upgrading the bootloader and flashing an image from USB uses the same procedure.

• still unable to install via usb but managed to install via vu utl using vti nfi file so up and running again thanking you for your help:sweet_kiss:

• Glad got sorted in a way which vti image are you using as all the latest images require the latest bootloader to run and you state you cant flash with a usb stick just curious

have you tried more than one usb stick as linux is really fussy on which usb sticks work even ones you have used in the past can suddenly stop working

also have you tried flashing with the HDD disconnected and no other usb stick in the back

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• its been wrecking my head all day it will take vu+ image then not any others tried new boot loader off this site then clearing it off usb then images off this site but nothing just stays on starting it lloks like it tries to boot but wont. so i went back to null cable and vu+ utl didnt put box ip in i just left it on what the programme was telling me which was modem and pc ips and it went straight through not sure about vti as the vix image before was easy to use with lots of great plug ins

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!