dont use the black hole image 303 release

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,206 times. The last Post () by carwash.

• hi mery xmas every boday there seems to be a lot of bugs in the new black hole latest image I sugest wait till its fixed regards happy new year

- - - Updated - - -

the black hole images are getting well what do u think black hole open 0.6 now the blaclhole image what gets me why don't there test the images gefore there release them

- - - Updated - - -

black hole is getting crap

live long and prosper

• Don´t confuse OpenBlackhole with BLack hole original image....
    I don´t see the point of expressing an opinion without backing it up giving details.
    Don´t get me wrong ,you are free to express your opinion but you need to give your side of the argument which you have not.
    On another note, please refrain from using sms style writing, this is a forum where we use the English language as universal
    for the benefits of all users, but native and non-native English language users alike, I include myself,
    find it hard to understand what is being written and therefore get lost in translation leading to a misunderstanding.
    :rant:

• I have used BH images and apart from the odd hiccough, I think they are as good if not better than some other efforts.
    Every image has its highs and lows, you will soon realize this once you have tried a few...

kids could do better

Prove it !!!!
    I along with other members had looked into building our own image some years back but the idea was daunting,
    perhaps with today´s tools and know-how, we could have a good go at it,,
    but to put so much time and effort and sleepless nights into something that is taken for granted then being tarnished negatively is just not worth the effort.
    Most team developers have Beta testers before a release.
    :rant:

• Official Post

the black hole image 303 has a bug like the open blaclk image 06 there need to test testn till its right at the moment there crap bub kids could do better

The image teams spend a lot of their time making things for you and I to use. It is in their free time and they do not ask for anything in return.

If you find something wrong and would like to have it fixed. Post the exact issue. With the instructions on how to reproduce it. Someone will have a look at it as and when they have a chance to. The "how to reproduce issue" is very important as you can spend weeks trying to fix something and then the clever person pulls his card out and says, well you did not change this option.

If you have a problem setting up your receiver, describe your problem as clearly as possible and someone will try to help if they can understand.

If you think you can do better, we look forward to your image.

• I always use the Blackhole images. I haven`t tried the new one yet though,too much xmas spirit going round at the moment. I try other images now and again but always end up back at the trusted Blackhole. Not so long ago there was a survey on here asking which image people prefer/use and I am pretty sure Blackhole was the popular choice.

Merry Xmas.
    bo.

• Amazing! you have people that commit all hours of the day to make life easier for a lot of us! in fact I know that they commit so much that they don't have the time to relax and enjoy the work they provide for a lot of people here and in other forums.

Then you get some people with comments like these above?

I use Open BH 0.6 with no problems! and I have to be honest, I get bored if the Image runs and runs with out problems at all, I like a challenge once in a while!

Regards

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all in this forum

• I like Obh and used in past.
    I am bit confused with versioning of open black hole for VU plus box image versions.
    I think latest one is versioned at 0.6 but for past 11.5 months there are no commits to openblackhole-oe-core.git
    Only openmultiboot.git&openmultibootmanager.git had commit some 5-6 months back.

Not sure on what basis these are being versioned.

• I used open blackhole 06 new flash files dated the 11/12 after using master g backup.

Went to update says 5 updates loaded and rebooted fine .

Next time 35 updates loaded an box would continuously loop back to blackhole booting .

And before anybody says no addons just the basic image .

What i then done was a factory reset and reflashed with the 11/12 flash files.

I am frightened to update in case the same thing happened

• Re-flashed my box when the problem first arised and have updated box every couple of days with no problem at all so far, but to be in safe side I make a full backup once a week.

Regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!