Dish options

There are 37 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,486 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• good morninf TK I AM SAT INSTALLER MORE THEN 15 YEARS IN SPAIN AND TENERIFE AND PLAY WITH DISH UP TO 5 M , I ALWAYS PUT IN 0 DREGEES SOUTH WHEN I FIXE THE DISH AND USE USUAL SETUP AND 1.10 M DISH .MINIMUM

I DON'T THINK IS BIG DIFFERENCE THOR 0.8W AND O DEGREES IS MORE EASY TO SETUP ON O8 W IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE GENUINE TOOLS . BUT TO BE HONEST I DON'T WANT HAVE DISCUTION I AM OR YOU ARE WRONG .

AND ALWAYS YOU WILL LOOSE SOMES TP ON MOTOR I PREFERE FIXED DISH IS ONLY MY OPINION .

• good morninf TK I AM SAT INSTALLER MORE THEN 15 YEARS IN SPAIN AND TENERIFE AND PLAY WITH DISH UP TO 5 M , I ALWAYS PUT IN 0 DREGEES SOUTH WHEN I FIXE THE DISH AND USE USUAL SETUP AND 1.10 M DISH .MINIMUM

I DON'T THINK IS BIG DIFFERENCE THOR 0.8W AND O DEGREES IS MORE EASY TO SETUP ON O8 W IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE GENUINE TOOLS . BUT TO BE HONEST I DON'T WANT HAVE DISCUTION I AM OR YOU ARE WRONG .

AND ALWAYS YOU WILL LOOSE SOMES TP ON MOTOR I PREFERE FIXED DISH IS ONLY MY OPINION .

No need to shout!
    Still wrong.
    I'll see your 15yrs and raise you 25yrs
    Might work for diseq but not usals.
    If you align to Thor, then put your coordinates into the receiver, when you select Thor channel the dish will move away from what you have aligned it to.

Any way I'm sure the op is getting confused right now, let's just agree to disagree.

• Up here in the North of England I have always had to use 0.8 Thor as the starting point of setting up. I know it`s not possible to just fix the dish and think you will get the arc first time. That`s why I pointed out you will have to tweak the setup here and there. But I stand by what I say, up here the starting point is 0.8.

bo.

• been following your thread with great interest mate.
    dish installation i'm very iffy with, so left that to the experts, just to add i've been involved in the Sat scene for donkey's years still never conquered setting up a dish:06:
    you'll be ok mate, but it can be quite daunting at first, any problems you know where to come.
    Good luck.

Best Regards: canthackit

• And what happens when your Internet goes down "No Channels" Motorised satellite still has a place until Broadband has at least 100% reliability which wont happen for a very long time.

Motorised dish with No Internet will still give you access to channels via softcam and Live Sports feeds via keys, Still a viable option in this day and age

• Maybe IPTV is the way to go. I've played about with it over the last year and found it unreliable. I know a few friends who pay for it and say it's good. Fair enough but using satellite is a hobby and I'm not willing to pay people who fleece you. As I say it's a hobby and you get fun out of learning. Anyway that's all off topic. I think this thread has ran its course. Mackem79 will get all the help he needs from here when he decides to go for it.

bo.

• Well there's a lot of different options been put out there now,which all have good valid points, to do some euro cs to watch the football etc do you not need some thing to share to get back in return? Which I don't have, so now maybe thinking fixed dish with iptv would maybe be the best option?
    More confused now than before!!! Hahaha

• Free IPTV services are a waste of time when it comes to football.The only way you would get decent football viewing on IPTV is if you paid for it. But even if you bought an IPTV service you`d still only get the match you wanted if it was being broadcast one of the IPTV channels. To get your foot on the CS ladder you should have something to share back. Some share a cheap XXX card. But you can sometimes hit lucky with free CS exchanges.

bo.

• There are plenty free streams and reliable ones also there is no need to pay even swift stream andriod app is good all you need to do is look ...dont know where paying came from apart from that a dish cannot access further than the foot print of the broadcast

Edited once, last by stevejo ().

• So in other words cs is free if you have the correct set up etc but iptv you have to pay for for taking the hassle away!??

CS is NOT free... CArd Sharing, in other words you would have a subscription of certain packages and you share it with a good friend who in turn shares their subscription.
    Both Peers would have a paid up to date subscription and also have compatible protocol setups...

IPTV for beginners might be daunting and as it seems a lot of users are only interested in being able to view rather than the hobbyist side of it.
    And find that the simple method of converting/adding/installing public lists ( which usually die every 2/3 days with change of dynamic iP) too much hassle.
    Hence there are "opportunists" who stream to willing -to-pay users ( mag boxes and the like )
    As already pointed out,,, the true hobbyist is willing to put in the time to understand and learn different methods/systems.
    Finally,,,The bonus of it is being able to view whatever you wish whenever you wish...
    All info, including your questions are on this very site, your first step should be reading it all first..
    Especially the site rules !!!!!
    :rant:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!