New Sly Q box

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,097 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hello, I'm thinking about signing a new subscription with BSKYB and on their website you could only choose Sly Q box, I wonder if my viewing card gets paired with the Sly Q box, can I still use it with OSCAM, can I still find the boxID with the Sly Q box? Or should I just sign the subscription and buy a spare Sly+HD box and pairing the card with that instead to be able to use the card and boxid in OSCAM? Thank you.

• The SkyQ box ID will I think be the serial number converted to HEX but cannot be sure.

What is certain is that when you have Sky/Q installed, they change the LNB so it is not compatible with anything else. The way Skyq works is to have the entire band of 10.7-12.75GHz horizontal down one feed and 10.7-12.75GHz vertical down the other feed. There is NO 22kHz switch so I very much doubt if any of it would work on an existing setup.

Once you have SkyQ done, I would be interested to know if either of the individual feeds work on a linux box and if they do not, you will need to get your LNB changed again to take both types. There are ways of doing that but the long and short of it is that the SkyQ box works with one type of LNB and everything else works with traditional setup.

Please keep us posted.

• You need to tell sky when your ordering skyq that you require a legacy lnb to be fitted so that you can still connect other receivers.... they will only do it if you ask them too.

Sent from my Samsung S7 using Tapatalk.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Its not a legacy lnb you need for sky q and standard stb's as that wouldn't be compatible for sky Q. its a hybrid lnb you need to ask for. There will likely be an extra charge for that as its more expensive.

• master G

Set the Label from UK OSCam to Videoguard2 Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!