VU+ Solo - Green Screens and Boot Loop

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,685 times. The last Post () by markeh.

• Hi,

I was hoping someone could offer a bit of advice. I've had my vu+ solo running for a while and never been able to use a usb hard drive with it properly.

Basically everything works fine, then I insert a usb hd and setup crossepg or mount a drive for timeshift and it'll eventually result in a boot loop where the receiver restarts to the point of being ready to use then green screen and repeat. Usually disconnecting the usb drive resolves the loop and the receiver will start alright. Except this time it seems to be stuck in bootloop no matter what.

Sometimes it will work for a while only to find it hung the next morning on the channel it switches to for updating crossepg during the night. I plugged the hd into my laptop to reformat and found it said it was write protected even though there is no switch, a second attempt allowed me to format it. That leads me to believe it's the usb drive going to sleep or going write protected, I've set it no never sleep. This has happened across several BH images.

Any ideas on how I troubleshoot this, I have tried a portable usb drive through a powered hub and a small usb stick. The current green screen error is "entry for 28.2? not in rotor table found I go to xx?" it seems unrelated to usb.

Any ideas would be great, thanks!

• Flash a new image then it should be good as new mate.

Thanks for the reply, sorry I just realised I made it sound a bit like I'm stuck in bootloop. That's not really the problem it's just that when I flash an image I always end up back to the bootloop sooner or later when I use a usb hard drive. I've tried various BH images.

After a bit of googling it seems people think it might be that I need to update glass system utility, I'll be so annoyed if it's that simple. I've flashed and fiddled about 20 times trying to fix this.

• Hi,I have a similar problem with the usb hard drive.Although I can't go into device manager without the box crashing, therefore can not mount the hard drive.I am using VTI 3.2,I am wondering if I updated glass system utility this might solve my problem as well.So what do I do with the glass system utility file or can I download the plugin from the vti server?

• Official Post

Hi,I have a similar problem with the usb hard drive.Although I can't go into device manager without the box crashing, therefore can not mount the hard drive.I am using VTI 3.2,I am wondering if I updated glass system utility this might solve my problem as well.So what do I do with the glass system utility file or can I download the plugin from the vti server?

If you dont have glass system utility installed your issue wont be related to this thread buddy.

• Glass system utility is available to download from the forum server on TS panel,means you can install it straight onto your box.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Well.... it came back, bloody boot loops and green screens. I've switched to open aaf image now and that seems more stable except the ECM times in cccam are ridiculous compared to blackhole images, anyone else have this problem?

• Hi,I have a similar problem with the usb hard drive.Although I can't go into device manager without the box crashing, therefore can not mount the hard drive.I am using VTI 3.2,I am wondering if I updated glass system utility this might solve my problem as well.So what do I do with the glass system utility file or can I download the plugin from the vti server?

I've been trying different images and the latest VIX one seems to be the best for me, also open AAF seemed alright too.

If you have the same problems maybe you could try those?

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!