dydns address

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 823 times. The last Post () by kemestri.

• hi, i have been sharing my cards with a few family and friends for the last few months ok. i have now changed my isp who cannot provide me with a fixed ip address: so i assume i will now have to use a dydns/noip type server. looking around i see many options, some free, some pay a little and some pay alot.
    can anyone recommend what is most suitable for sharing (up to max about 10 friends/family)

• hi, i have been sharing my cards with a few family and friends for the last few months ok. i have now changed my isp who cannot provide me with a fixed ip address: so i assume i will now have to use a dydns/noip type server. looking around i see many options, some free, some pay a little and some pay alot.
    can anyone recommend what is most suitable for sharing (up to max about 10 friends/family)

DynDNS would be the best (cost effective) paid solution...they used to be free but started charging last year...still worth it IMO!

If you don't want to pay, an alternative is no-ip.org!

• Ive got a paid account with dydns £20 a year i think its worth every penny as you do not need to vist the site every 30 days to keep your dns active and lets be honest someone has to help with there running costs

• ok thanks for reply do you use the remote access dydns pro at $20 per year or the dyn standard dns at $29.99 per year.
    also is it possible to use the ddns feature in the router as opposed to using an update client on the pc to keep track of the changing ip address

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!