Network two vu+

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,542 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hello,
    I have 2 vu+ connected to the same netwrok.

1 vu+ solo2 with internal hard disk and 1 vu+ zero.

I want to play my files stored at the vu+ Solo2 HDD in my vu+ Zero. And i want to record/timeshift from my vu+ zero to the vu+ solo2 hdd.

It's that possible ? How can i do ?

Thanks in advance.

• you should be able to network both boxes to one drive ie say attatch to a router with usb/hard drive attatched, or you can share the drive on one box ,the other will have to find the drive and use as a network hard drive

you could also use remote channel stream convertor plugin so you can stream all your bouquets to ther boxes

as for timeshifting ??? but you should be able to record

• you should be able to network both boxes to one drive ie say attatch to a router with usb/hard drive attatched, or you can share the drive on one box ,the other will have to find the drive and use as a network hard drive

you could also use remote channel stream convertor plugin so you can stream all your bouquets to ther boxes

as for timeshifting ??? but you should be able to record

Thank you.

My question is how can i share the internal HDD from my vu+ solo2 and how can i view/browse/play its files from the other vu+ zero ?

• Add your hdd on your solo2 as a network mountpoint
    On Vix this is how (other images are probably similar):
    Menu-setup-system-network-mounts setup-network browser.
    This should scan your network and find all hdd's attached.
    Select your solo2's hdd (no need to enter name/passwd unless you want to) , then scroll down to the hdd (may ask for name/pass again but no need, up to you)
    In here you'll have the options of mounting the solo2's hdd on boot, as needed etc, also you will have the option of using it as a hdd replacement, etc.
    Once mounted, to view its contents, go into your pvr/hdd/recordings, hit yellow button for location and scroll to your solo2's hdd.
    Your screen should then populate with the hdd's contents.
    If you want to timeshift using it, you may need to go into your zero's timeshift settings to activate it(never tried this myself though but viewing recordings/ media on hdd works well)
    Let us know if timeshift is successful for you (if you use it as a hdd replacement).

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

• Hello,
    Thank you for your answer.

Can you PLEASE be more specific ?

I have a lot options on network mounting?

what i should use ? NFS ou CIFS ? in both Solo2 and Zero ?

if you can share the specific setting for each box it will be great.

thank you in advance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!