Openbox with wifi bridge

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,447 times. The last Post () by Antepenultim8.

• Hi one and all,I am trying to get the openbox s11 work with an openmedia wifi bridge.I have worked through the install of the wifi bridge and it seems to have connected to the network,although I didn't put a wep key in,it asked for a passphrase which I made up.Plug the wifi bridge into the openbox went to network,and applied.There was no message to say whether I connected or didn't.I ticked my cline and rebooted the box.When I went back into the cccam cfg my line was still offline.Where have I gone wrong? Thanks in advance.

• I dont know if vonets and openmedia wifi bridge is same but they look simular
    plug it into computer and disconnet all other net connections and look if net work
    on vonets its some problem with wpa aes so use tkip

• Sometimes these can be a pain in the backside, use a different laptop/computer on your network, run set up and try again, once your device is seen on your network you can use it on any device you want.

• you dont have to hard wire to your router. all you have to do is connect the bridge to a pc on your network. search for connected bridge, then put the wep/wpa key into the section where is asks for passphrase (or something like that)
    and away you go. just connect to your openbox and should work.

• connect the wifi bridge to your pc/laptop by usb and ethernet
    run the setup program on the supplied cd
    it should find the wifi bridge so its just a case of pressing next until the screen which asks for your network key
    do not make one uo, you must enter the correct key for your broadband setup, quite often this is printed on a sticker under your broadband router
    if you get both the orange power light and the blue data light on then all should be well
    also ensure that DHCP is set to ON in the network settings of your Openbox

• connect the wifi bridge to your pc/laptop by usb and ethernet
    run the setup program on the supplied cd
    it should find the wifi bridge so its just a case of pressing next until the screen which asks for your network key
    do not make one uo, you must enter the correct key for your broadband setup, quite often this is printed on a sticker under your broadband router
    if you get both the orange power light and the blue data light on then all should be well
    also ensure that DHCP is set to ON in the network settings of your Openbox

I setup one a few years ago and this seems to be the right as far as i can remember.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!