virgin Broadband wont let me connect to server via dyndns ?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,620 times. The last Post () by rikjaard-real.

• has anyone had this kind of issue ?
    my good friend has virgin broadband and suddenly after 6 months he cant connect !
    while i am at his house i find i cant connect to to my home network via dyndns ? Does this mean Virgin is blocking something ?

i tried to connect to my server using

filezilla - ftp
    putty - ssh
    putty - telnet
    http - firefox

each time i get timed out connection !
    server is live because i can connect with 3g mobile ? internet is good as is all connections as they return websites .com.org.co.uk ect ect

Any ideas or previous experience with this issue ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• oki doki ! thanks for the input sandman,

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Not the best if ISPs are starting to become proactive with this sort of thing!

i'm certain i heard summit on the news about certain isp's had signed up to a code of conduct which obligates them to cut off persistent filesharers,although i'm sure they have to warn you first ?
    i am confused at the moment - He has a protek there and thats working all ok connected to a server getting jsc sports

i thought it strange when i couldn't get to my home network via the given dyndns name which is the same as the server uses ?
    took the box up the road to another friend with virgin and everything is fine ?

• You might find he needs to open a specific port now but weird if worked for so long..tell me is your mates broadband one of those home hubs as it might have taken an update of some sort,those virgin homehubs are a headache.

• its a netgear router i think ? doh didnt take to much notice ? i did open all the ports involved in this specific share ! both standard listen port for cccam and the outbound servers port !
    cheers romman

• ive had a few friends that have had nothing but trouble with bt at the minute even sent 1 off there engineers out changerd the hub was on when he left then went straight back off as soon as they put there box back on another friend off mine allso had the same promblem changed bt hub there dm500s went straight on but they have bt vision downstairs and all day yesterday there bt vision box kept freezing on and off

• If that netgear is one of there superhubs, just head over to there support site and you will see your not alone with this problem, the problem is the superhub and virgin know they have a big problem on there hands. Suppose to be bringing out a new firmware fix in may thats sorts a whole host of problems out, there also looking for beta testers for this firmware in april!

• I have a similar sort of issue with talktalk. Clients can connect but I cannot connect using my DYDNS settings, shows offline. though internal IP works though

Not sure if your problem is the same ! i'm saying i cant connect to my server remotely from my m8s virgin connection ! Not just the dreambox on the cccam port ! i cant connect back using ftp/telnet/ssh http -
    i have not yet had a chance to try with my ip yet but i'm seeing him again tuesday !

i think your saying you cant connect to your server from your own house using dyndns - thats somesort of loopback problem and is normal ! for a local connection you should always use local ips instead of dyndns !

Rik

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!