correct tuner config for Motor dish & BH

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,826 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Could someone tell me the correct tuner config for my desired setup.

I have a fixed dish pointed at 28.2 and a motorised dish with twin lnb. (2nd output is not used)

I have tuner one setup as advanced which is fed via the motorised dish & tuner 2 set as simple and fixed at 28.2 this is fed from the fixed dish.

This works fine as long as i'm not recording anything on 28.2. If i am recording on 28.2 then I can't view any feeds from the motorised dish. (all grayed out)

ta

• Sounds to me like a classic priority issue - when you are recording it uses tuner A, and if your tuner A is motorised, then you can only use fixed on tuner B - unless you are watching something before the recording starts. If this is the case then it will use tuner B to record - not a perfect solution, but If you swapped so your fixed is on tuner A and motorised on Tuner B, then if you decide to watch something that isn't on 28.2e during a recording, then you can, because it will be recording on tuner A.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• ok so why on my system if im watching 28.2 and a recording starts on 28.2 it moves my dish and records on tuner b then greying out the multisats - exactly the opposite of above problem? , i have tuner a as 28.2 fixed and tuner b as usals??

Because that is the other side of the coin. Enigma2 is not ideal at setting priorities that would be useful for those of us (and that is a lot) who have one fixed sly and one motorised. What would be ideal is if you could tell it to always record on the fixed dish as a priority regardless of whether you are watching a channel on the fixed dish or motorised, that way, you would always have the motorised free. How it works at the moment is that it will prioritise tuner A first, and if it is being used, then will go to tuner B. The idea of having your fixed on tuner A and motorised on Tuner B is so that once the recording has started, you can then use tuner B - the problem being is if you were already watching something on your fixed, and then a recording starts on another transponder in the same position, then it will not use tuner A, as it is taken. Best solution I have found is to have 2 receivers, that way I am in control!

• Enigma2 is not ideal at setting priorities that would be useful for those of us (and that is a lot) who have one fixed sly and one motorised. What would be ideal is if you could tell it to always record on the fixed dish as a priority regardless of whether you are watching a channel on the fixed dish or motorised

Can the develpers be informed of this Quirk and perhaps make a fix in the future releases ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Im not sure about other images but in ViX you can tell the box which tuner to set as the preferred tuner. so foe example if you have a fixed dish on 28.2 east on tuner a and a motorized dish on tuner b. set the preferred tuner to tuner a so any recordings will take priority on tuner a unless there not on 28.2 east. freeing up the motorized dish unless your recordings are on another satellite location.

Menu> Setup> System> Customize change preferred tuner from AUTO to your chosen tuner. then green to save.

Enigma2 is not ideal at setting priorities that would be useful for those of us (and that is a lot) who have one fixed sly and one motorised. What would be ideal is if you could tell it to always record on the fixed dish as a priority regardless of whether you are watching a channel on the fixed dish or motorised, that way, you would always have the motorised free.

you can do exactly that with ViX as i detail above.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Sounds to me like a classic priority issue - when you are recording it uses tuner A, and if your tuner A is motorised, then you can only use fixed on tuner B - unless you are watching something before the recording starts. If this is the case then it will use tuner B to record - not a perfect solution, but If you swapped so your fixed is on tuner A and motorised on Tuner B, then if you decide to watch something that isn't on 28.2e during a recording, then you can, because it will be recording on tuner A.

This is the solution to the problem, the fixed antena on tuner A and on tuner B the motorized one. I have the same way, and i record on 28,2 and watch other channels from other sats without problems, using BlackHole.

• If you select the preferred tuner to A - and you are watching something on 28.2e will that then use tuner A as it is the preferred tuner to watch? Will it not then use tuner B (motorised) to record something you may have set to record that is also on 28.2e, therefore making it impossible to switch to a channel on a different position after the recording starts? Just switched to ViX and looking at the option I don't see that being a solution, it just lets you move the issue to another tuner! What would be nice is if you could tell it to prefer tuner A for watching and tuner B for recording, that way you could set tuner A as the motorised, and B as the fixed, and the issue would be resolved.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!