Need info on VU+ JTag Broadcom Tools ( Solved )

There are 187 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 95,951 times. The last Post () by emosim.

• +1 to this request..

• Hello, sorry the bad english,
    I would like to tell you, (in case it might be of interest to some geek) interface with a simple alternative to the BBS 74LS05 already tested with a LX-1 HD Mediabox Jepssen (to which I restored the cfe.bin corrupt) as Studio 3 BCM97335 also manages connections with parallel port.
    LPT_to_I2C.pdf
    Sincerely.
    errante

I would like to tell you, (in case it might be of interest to some geek) interface with a simple alternative to the BBS 74LS05 already tested with a LX-1 HD Mediabox Jepssen (to which I restored the cfe.bin corrupt) as Studio 3 BCM97335 also manages connections with parallel port.
    LPT_to_I2C.pdf
    Sincerely.
    errante

Thank you for sharing,

but how do you manage to get Studio 3 use the LPT ?

Regards

• Anyone did to jtag a vu solo with broadcom tools?
    I tested my cypress board all the vus are made with it only solo never connect
    If anyone has an updated broadom files would be a high help

• Anyone did to jtag a vu solo with broadcom tools?
    I tested my cypress board all the vus are made with it only solo never connect
    If anyone has an updated broadom files would be a high help

I have this problem :
    I do the whole procedure, load the file (my vu one), it makes downloading all, after instead of writing Done, in the end I get this: "I / O error occurred," Can you help me, what 's the my error. My reciver is vu one with red LED .thank's in advance ...

Can you help me ????

• Hello,
    I did follow all SW instalation of the BBS, however my Windows 7 detect the BBS as unknown device and even automatic driver search does not work. I do have the Cypress CY7C68013A EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0. Is there a chance to manuály install the driver ? Thanks

• So I finaly managed to find the rootcause of the driver issue. Unfortunately seems, that win7 could not detect a driver properly,so after using winXP systém,driver was correctly identify and board is working.
    Problém remain in connection with Vu Duo, that do not response on BBS board and could not get " connected" status . Did anyone has the same issue ? Does it mean, the Vu Duo permanently death ? I am very desperate :-( Thank you

• Anybody have Broadcom Test Adapter driver (BcmUSB.zip)?
    links in usb_dongle_install.pdf:
    http://twiki-01.broadcom.com/pub/Tools/USBI2C/BcmUSB.zip
    http://sp-bcg.broadcom.com/bse…re/tools/bbs/default.aspx
    dont work

I have cy7c68013a-56pvxc board with "No EEPROM" (not programmed), Broadband Studio 3 dont detect it and on oscilloscope is nothing (SDA, SCL).

Cypress as USB \ VID_04B4&PID_8613

Thanks!

• Found, Cypress SDK rewrites driver with own.

BcmUsb.inf
    VID_04b4&PID_8613.DeviceDesc="Broadcom Test Adapter(Uninitialize)"
    VID_0a5c&PID_b12c.DeviceDesc="Broadcom Test Adapter"

BcmUSB.sys it seem like cyusb.sys
    BcmUsb.spt interesting script, its write vid pid (0a5c b12c addr=0600) in eeprom(RAM?), and other(!) code

exchange done with my stb (i have other bcm platform), but bbs may be disabled

what data captured:

Code
    Request (from PC)  - Response (from stb)
    a4:01:05:00:10:80:11 - 00:01:00:00:00:00
    a4:01:02:00:10:00:11 - 00:01:fd
    a8:01:02:10:03:d8 - 00
    a4:05:05:00:10:c0:80:82:84:02:11 - 00
    a8:01:01:10:00 - 00
    4byte - SlaveAdress of proccessor (a8:01:01:xx:00 - 02)

Who can capture usb data with valid exchange for example? (at least until the moment, when displayed "Connected")
    USBPcap
    linuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/18778/

LPT_to_I2C.pdf
    Sincerely.
    errante

super nice, and simple. much simple architecture for communication.
    and this I2C - SDA to LPT is working with broadand Studio 3 ?

can you confirm?
    thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!