Vu+ duo tuner b recording issue.

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,309 times. The last Post () by sofia.

• Hello all,

Got a very funny problem with my new Vu recording one channel and watching another.
    Is it right that if I'm watching an encrypted channel I can not record another encrypted channel of a different provider on the same sat?

What I found is I tried to record a footy match on the weekend on timer when I got in during the second half the receiver was recording the channel but when played it back it was just a black screen. But I could watch the same ch fine on the tv from tuner A.

I have also noticed this whilst using my iPad and iPhone using dreambox live app all I get is black screen but if I flick to the channel on tuner A on the tv then tuner B will kick in on the ipad and I can view the channel and change to whatever I like on the tv using tuner A afterwards.

Sorry for the jackanory hope it makes sense.

Jono

Regards

Jono

:wales::linuxsat3:
    Currently using VU+ Duo, VU+ Uno & DM800 all original don't do clones!

• Hi Jono,

You should be able to record two channels on the same sat at the same time whether they are encrypted or not,would you be able to post what your tuner config is on Tuner A+B,it would help to try to figure out what is wrong.

cheers

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Tuner config is:

Tuner A advanced

Tuner B second cable off moterized LNB Tuner A

Kr

Jono

Regards

Jono

• The tuner configs look ok,i have used the same setup myself with no problems at all,has this problom occured recently? was anything changed on the box etc,when was the last time you updated your channel list?

One option to consider if you have a fixed sly dish is to run a fixed feed from it to your tuner B,and set this as "simple".Means you can record on 28E and still move your dish,also gives you the option to record off two different sats.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Image is BH 1.7.2 I have only had the box for 2 weeks the only thing I have done is fitted two new coax cables from the dish and a new inverto ultra quad lnb.

Everything should work fine but does'nt!

Jono

Regards

Jono

• It is now sorted I got my sat meter on cable A it showed 75% signal and 90% quality. Put it on cable B 0% signal 45% quality .
    The brand new rg6 cable off the roll had a brake in it well it must have as I have now rewired cable B and all is well and the same signal and quality as cable A.

Cheers

Jono

Regards

Jono

• Well this was the first time I really used the recorded feature and watch the footy and after the match I went back to the recorded programme to watch it and it was not possible it was braking up terribly as if the signal on that tuner was really low.
    I have today updated the receiver to BH 1.7.3 so will give that a go if this fails the only thing I can think to change before blaming a possible faulty tunner is the new inverto ultra quad LNB they have been known to be faulty before.

Jono

Regards

Jono

• I would honestly say it's unlikely to be either the LNB or a tuner issue, we've sold thousands by now of the DUOs and only once ever had a genuine tuner fault with one, nothing is impossible of course but 1 unit in thousands it's almost certainly not a tuner issue, LNB, again possible but not very likely given it's a quad and the other feed seems OK (perhaps try one of the other feeds as well though if not in use and see what if any difference that makes), could even be something you've got set in the tuner settings as you are using advanced settings (unlikely but possible) but the most likely cause of all we find in these situations is poor or shorting connections, could be at the receiver end or motor or LNB, it is the most common cause though, the least likely will be a tuner fault on a DUO...

EDIT: Then again reading back it could be none of the above if this is on a paid for channel and being used with softcam etc. especially if being used to watch another pay channel at the same time, you'll know a bit more about if you were doing this or not and if this is the cause then not one we can answer ourselves but I'm sure help on here will come from someone that can....

What I often do to test both tuners is have one connected up to a TV and watching whatever the channel maybe, then use a PC to watch the streamed content of something else over your local network, hence using both tuners at once to watch something, when you're adding a recording into the mix as well you're adding a third element so it's harder to pin point where the problem is, using the TV for one and streaming of another is a good test and you can easily try with FTA and pay channels and mixtures of (HD content doesn't tend to stream very well though so not great to use as a test, down to bandwidth more than anything).

• I will check and make good all connections, and change the output to the spare on the quad, never here anyone else complain so as you say I doubt very much it's the tunner B in the duo.
    Maybe the output on the lnb is damaged from damaged cable I found originally maybe the short weakened the lnb.

Will report my findings as I find time to fidle.

Cheers jono

Regards

Jono

• hi jono.
    did u fixed your dish,
    pls help me, if i put one channel on recording 2nd one went black screen.
    im using vti image on vu+ultimo box with quad nlb,
    2nd FTA IS no problem to watch.
    plspls help me

• Hi ive got the same problem to,set at simple and a & b tuner at both set to 28.2,my channel says tuner fail when I record too,,don't know where im going wrong..all connections are ok too..please help thanks

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!