Vu+ Ultimo VFD Picons by Sandman - Discussion

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,244 times. The last Post () by slain.

• Hi Sandman,

I'll have a go at automating the conversion of your regular picons to the VFD picons some time this weekend. It should be easily possible to script the lot with a short bash script, that includes a tidy one-liner ImageMagick. I see you're using a Mac, so you can probably get ImageMagick view brew at Homebrew ? MacPorts driving you to drink? Try Homebrew!

With any luck, that would completely remove the ballache of having to perform conversions ever again.

• slain!

I've done the VFD picons by hand...I'm not sure how elegant automating the process would be tbh and a fair number of the regular picons just don't work on the VFD display so I usually remove the graphic and replace with the appropriate text!

Give it a go and report back but I've a feeling they'll look a lot better done manually!

• Well, I'll give it a crack tomorrow and RAR compress and upload the results for you. If anything it may just simply result in simplifying regular conversions. My Ultimo arrives on Tuesday so I'll be available for any testing from then onwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!