Wall Mounting 50mm Pole Max Length Help Please

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 777 times. The last Post () by paragon.

• Hello All,

I have a 80cm Motorized Satellite dish that I wish to install.
    The problem I have is that the side of my houses face south and the house next door would block the signal.
    The garden is closed in by a two story warehouse that consists of a brick lower half and a corrugated metal top half and a flat roof. (I had the great idea of taking a picture after I started this thread building has yellow top) :-)

I was thinking of using a 50mm scaffold or comparable pole and using T & K brackets mounted to the brick work (don't think the company would allow me to drill into the corrugated top half of their building).
    Now this is going to leave a substantial amount of pole above the last bracket and I am wondering if this would still be a feasible method any suggestions and caveats that I should take into account? Loading etc? How many brackets should I use etc.. etc?

Cheers,
    SRG

Picture facing west
    de076bbb1d8db1e9e604c56.jpg

• Wat way r u amounting the the dish between the t&k ? R above the k bracket? The picture u took is were your dish will be facing?

• Hi Rockett1001,

I am looking at mounting it between the workshop and the large building with the yellow corrugated top half.
    Behind the tree ( which will be trimmed down).
    The dish brackets will be mounted on the brick wall below the corrugated top half of the building. There is about a three foot gap between my workshop and the building to the left of the picture.
    The pole will need to extend above the corrugated top half of the building and the dish would be facing to the left of the picture above the roof. This would be south which would give the dish an ability to travel east and west. (west is towards the back of the garden).
    The concern I have is that the pole has to extend from the brick work (T-K Bracket) all the way above the corrugated top half of the building with no support in this area.

Hope this explains it in more details.

Just added new picture with well dodgy drawing but hope it explains it more clearly.
    39309973a1feb.jpg
    Cheers,
    SRG
    The

• I wouldn't recommend this way of setting up the dish.
    A large amount of the pole is above the bracket.
    Am afraid a storm will bent the pole.
    RelookPVR

• Another thing to consider is even if the fixing and the pole a strong enough to hold the dish there would be loads of movement on the dish because of the long distance between the dish and the last bracket.

Could you bring the dish back at all to see over that building from a smaller height?

:shamon:

• Thanks for your replies...

OK the pole is a no go I suspected as much but thought best to ask your take on it :-)

Now I've found this item Non Penetrating Flat Roof Mount for Satellite Dish | eBay

And have a couple of options:
    Option one is to stick it on top of the flat part of roof that is part of our loft extension.
    Option two is that the chap that owns the large building has agreed that I can stick it on his roof so basically positioning almost in the same location as the pole position as mentioned from my previous posts.

Does anyone have any experience in using this type of floor mount?
    From what I gather it uses four paving slabs to weigh it down! ?

As to Cazuela's question mounting it from where I took the picture (loft extension) The sides of the extension are clad in tiles so not to keen about mounting it on the side of it. The other unknown is how structurally sound it's flat roof is, it should be ok but without getting up there and taking a look who knows!

Cheers,
    SRG

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!