dreambox signal

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 790 times. The last Post () by predator.

• hello guys, got dreambox 500s erre, some channels clearing, i.e like ### sports 2, and 4 itv, few movies, but other channels wont clear, signal levels drop to about 62% on the ones that dont clear, is this tuner problem or what, anyone with similiar problem about or anyone with help please let me no, other wise this box is no good,:sad:

• Tuners on those boxes are usually fairly good!!

I assume you have tried the latest channel list which i,m sure you have mate,i would try erase.img on ths box as sometimes rougue images were known to completely fook this model and then try pli jade 3 or open pli for 500dms.

Or you coud jtag it and see if that helps.

• i have tried different images, and latest bouquets, but still the same, itv signal is 92% but on bbc and several others, its only 62%, and channels not clearing, pretty strange

• i had this problem with a new box, i tried it with different images,connections i could not get it to work
    so i just have sent it back.

hope i did not jump the guns too quick!!!

• yep, was thinking it might be useless, i just bought soldering kit, so going to try jtag it in few days, see will it make a difference m8.. cheers for the feed back

• If you have another box to try on your set up i would do that first and see if channels clear. Cant see why jtag would help it as its to breathe life in a dead box.

• If you have another box to try on your set up i would do that first and see if channels clear. Cant see why jtag would help it as its to breathe life in a dead box.

yes m8, i have used another box with same image , all working fine m8.. tbh its a strange one, but i cant solve it, so im thinkin if i give it a new lease of life {jtag} it just might help...fingers crossed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!