Queries from n00b, assistance please?

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 613 times. The last Post () by startrek.

• I am using the OSCam/CCcam Auto Install Scripts Version1 20.01.2012 By Silverfox0786.

Completed fresh install of ubuntu on latop connected through wifi

Successfully installed script

Assigned static IP to server from router (left laptop as DCHP)

Can access server IP which shows CCcamInfo, however it shows unable to connect to server ip:16001
    can access sever through WinSCP and update config files

I dont think the cccam server is working... any advice is appreciated. thank you.

EDIT: Thank you to rikjaard-real,Ten Below, GeorgeXL and master G for their help.

If anyone is experiencing the same issues:

Issue 1: CCcam is not starting with boot.

If you are using OSCam/CCcam Auto Install Scripts Version1 20.01.2012 By Silverfox0786, go to post 36 (linuxsat-support.com/linux-pc-server-tutorials/10585-oscam-cccam-auto-install-scripts-version1-20-01-2012-silverfox0786-4.html#post43548) , the part about rc.local controls what starts at bootup. - Make these changes and it will work fine.

Issue 2: Clients unable to connect,

Step 1: Make sure you C and F lines are formatted correctly,
    Step 2: Make sure your router is forwarding ports properly
    Step 3: Check ports using: [code] http://www.canyouseeme.org/ [code]

• i would login as root and issue "top" command - then you can see which programs is running !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Thank you for you replies.

I have completed all suggestions as advised in post 36.

It appears that the server successfully starts, with CCcam also.

I am able to connect to other servers. Is there a way of verifying clients can connect to me?

Is there a way of verifying clients can connect to me?

Yes, open a browser and type in the addres-bar the i.p. of the server folowed by :16001 ( example 192.168.1.5:16001 ) press enter and go to clients.
    But first check if you have in cccam.cfg these lines :

WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001
    WEBINFO USERNAME : user
    WEBINFO PASSWORD : password

You can also install and use C.S. Studio from your p.c.

• Thanks, the WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001 was there, but the other two are missing.

I am able to access this page. I currently do not have any clients, so none show up. I have also installed CS studio.

Is it possible they will be able to connect without adding any clients?

• haha that makes sense!

Getting someone to add my c line now. I have added the matching f line.

I also have no-ip host set up, hopefully should work, will update here.

Once again, appreciate your time. thanks.

• I must say, the support here is excellent. Fast and efficient replies.

It appears to be working now, I set up the port forward in the router, and it started working smoothly.

Thank you for your help, I shall try my best to help others in the community, with the little knowledge I have.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!