Jedi Maker Xtream (IPTV Bouquet Creator) - Main thread

There are 2,424 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 853,163 times. The last Post () by gabir.

• Catchup in jedi is old and a pain. It was written a long time before the newer xstreamity one. Xstreamity is much simpler for catchup.

One rainy day. I will amend Jedi to function the same as XStreamity. But for now, there is no catchup start and end margins.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I rarely use jedi nowadays. (I even forgot how to view the catchup :) ). So I don't want to start changing things and upsetting people that use it often.
    So feel free to speak up if you have a preference.

But I think if the day list remains (less faff for me if it stays), it is probably best to reverse the order on that to.

• OK so just need to add in start and end margins to settings and do my magic trick of automatically working out server offset.
    Xstreamity is lot more complex code than Jedi. So it will take a few days to focus and work on that. Been a while since I looked at this Jedi code. EEK!
    Add in the option of adding an alias name to playlists.txt lines (that was requested).

And then I can forget about Jedi again, as it just works... no need to break it or fix it any further. ;)

• Perfect. I wish I had 8 days of catchup.

It is a small provider that mainly has UK channels. So it probably isn't an issue for this guy to store this data.
    Mega providers that have channels for all over the world - is going to cost them an arm and a leg to store days worth of catchup files for thousands of channels.
    Quality over quantity is always the best.

• Thank you KiddaC for this great plugin. I have this new provider that won't work with Jedi , in the setup it shows red and it also applies to VLC can't make it to work either, but works fine with smart iptv app. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited 2 times, last by shalinag ().

• getting lots of questions regarding providers changing details and then not working.

Firstly if provider has changed from http to https and said you dont need a port number. In a lot of cases this is incorrect.

To find your port number type your url that contains get.php into a browser window and replace the get.php with player_api.php to show your server info

The json data shown will show your http and https port number

If that still doesnt work.

Try deleting all jedi created bouquets via the plugin and recreate them

If that doesnt work try deleting my json

files that live in usr/etc/enigma2/[jedi / xstreamity]/

You also need an up to date epg importer to download https. Either uninstall epg importer and reinstall new version via feeds

Or

File can be found on first post, that you can manually change

• I have actagon sf8008 box and an IPTV provider. The provider provides VOD movies, when i play them i cannot pause them or rewind etc.

Is this possible? How?

• Jedi just uses enigma2 code for playing streams from enigma2 bouquets.
    So if your vod stream type is set to 4097 (default), then pause should work. It might jump back to the begginging of the chunk of data, but in general it works.
    FF and RW buttons wont work. But Forward seek and Backward seek will. (Long holding < or >. )

I think its also dependant on the video wrapper of the VOD stream. Whether the file is avi, mkv, mp4 etc. So some might work, others might not.

You are better using an IPTV player for VOD. i.e my other plugin XStreamity.
    Just use JediMakerXstream for your live streams.

• Official Post

There is an small update in post nr1 for DreamOS users only.

Servicetype 8193 have for some reason been lost in the last version of JMX 6.13 so i have added it back.

And to all you who wonder what does this servicetype do that DVB 1 and 4097 does not.

Not much it actually is the 4097 player that is used but with 8193 there is some helper code involved to make the 4097 player a bit more compatible.

So if you have no issues then the use of 8193 will probaly make no diffrence. But what the heck DP has added it so it must be there for a reason ;)

And in my test the 8193 seems a lot more stable special for bad provider setups

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!