Jedi Maker Xtream (IPTV Bouquet Creator) - Main thread

There are 2,424 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 848,994 times. The last Post () by gabir.

• Official Post

shalinag when it comes to 4K streaming much depend on your harware. Not all Enigma2 boxes can decode all 4K streams depending on the hardware

So what box and what image are you using?

That info should always be provided when help is needed :)

Yes thank you for the reply, i have vuplus uno 4K with open pli 8 on it.

Well then the quick answer is:

Solo4K, Uno4K, Uno4K SE, Ultimo4K do not support 4K in H.264 (mpeg4) only H.265 (HEVC).

So if the 4K stream is in the format described above it want work on your Uno4K

This is a hw limitation of the chipset from broadcom used in those boxes.

• Official Post

Hi guys.

I've been using this for about 18 months and it has worked a treat. However, i updated my Xtrend ET1000 to the latest vix image (6.0.004) and it disappeared from my plugins. I've tried loading it on again via plugins on my box and I've also uploaded the file on here using FileZilla, but whenever I open the plugin and I click on playlist to add my details back in, it flashes up "loading data" and then immediately crashes the box every time.

I've searched through the 70 odd pages here, but I can't kind find a solution. Could there be some leftover legacy files that need removing, or is it another issue? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

I'm guessing due to the tumbleweed that no one on here can help me then. Oh well, it was good whilst it lasted.

attach your crash log

I'm guessing due to the tumbleweed that no one on here can help me then

Madarse

People are trying to help where they can.

I have been in hospital since beginning of January

For a full clean install.

Remove jedimakerxtream via plugins menu

reboot gui

Delete these folders.

/etc/enigma2/jedimakerxtream

/etc/enigma2/jediplaylists

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream

reboot gui.

Make sure all the required dependencies are installed.

telnet/putty these commands

opkg install python3-requests

opkg install liblzma5

Reinstall the IPK fully via package installer or telnet

i.e. copy to tmp folder

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

reboot gui

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• For people mentioning that their lines work differently in xstreamity and Jedi, the 2 programs are not exactly the same.

Xstreamity uses the requests library for downloading files.

Jedi currently uses urllib library and will also download and deflate gzip versions of files.

Before christmas I started re-writing jedi to be more inline with the modern code of xstreamity. But it never got finished. Its a big job.

The 2 programs also probably have different server timeout settings. You can try upping the server timeout to about 20 seconds in main settings if you keep getting server not responding. Do note though that in the UK, most providers that freely advertise on the net will be blocked when football is on. Which is a lot.

• hello, why for many playlists m3u8 create two directories? uncategorized a uncategorized live? in the source file, everything is the same for programs. thanks.

If your m3u playlist is a custom playlist, my program parses the playlist looking for group titles.

This is how it categories them into bouquets. If your playlist is simple and doesn't include group-title info then it will be classed as uncategorised.

here is a snippet of code from the program which tries to guess what the stream type is from the playlist.

Basically it uses some logic to determine if its live or vod. In which case if no group title it gets categorised as "Uncategorised Live" and "Uncategorised Vod".

If it can't work out if its live or vod then it gets put in another category "uncategorised"

• KiddaC

hello i have a dreambox one i have added an iptv line with jedi maker but i always get the error message unknown media type. I tried the same line on other recivers because it works without problems with jedimaker.

I also tried other lines that work on my drembox one with jedimaker.

i have the current version of jedimaker

• Can anyone explain why some channels not work well in Jedi maker xtream

when it works well when i open it in my PC with VLC player

I loaded an m3u to Jedi maker xtream

VU+ Solo2, VU+ Solo 4 k, Edision OS MIO 4K S2X

120cm motorised dish range 75E-37,5W

South Sweden.

• Official Post

There is a common understanding that Jedi is playing your IPTV. That's wrong. All jedi does is to download the data from your IPTV provider and create bouqets so you can play them with your enigma2 player. You can say that Jedi does the same as the Sat/Cable/Terrestrial scan.

So if some channels does not play proper it's because your provider has a bad Stream. Can be that the Stream is not compatible and don't play in Enigma2 media player. Or it can also be that the Stream is in a codec not supported by your hardware, or you are missing a codec.

Often IPTV playlist are a mix of re streams and also a mix of type. Your PC does not have any limitations in the hardware or software therefore most crappy streams play anyway ;)

You can play with the serviceTypes when you create your bouquets to activate diffrent way of playing your streams and see if that helps.

But in 99% of the cases where some streams play and others don't the issue is on the provider side.

• Is it better to use a "Magbox" for IPTV

South Sweden.

• Official Post

At least it's better if your provider is not proper setup for Enigma2

You can ask your provider to check it out also and ask if they are fully supporting enigma2

• Many providers are considering stopping mag llines, so not a good time to be purchasing a mag box

Edited once, last by robcwm ().

• At least it's better if your provider is not proper setup for Enigma2

You can ask your provider to check it out also and ask if they are fully supporting enigma2

After contacting my provider, they have solved the problem.

South Sweden.

• hi friends. i have a problem with epg import. i will explain and if you can help please let know.

im using dremabox two, newnigma2 image OE2.6. using iptv with jedimakerxtream 6.14

and epgimport_2.22.20210523. the problem is that epg is not being imported. do you have any

solution for this. thanks in advance

• Sorry you've not been well and thank you for taking the time out to respond to my query, it's very much appreciated.

Followed your instructions and it worked a treat. I've sent over to you a tip for a pint of Peroni.

• KiddaC, hope you can help as I am doing a clean install of the latest openatv 7.0 (15th Jan 2022) and have not installed any additional plugins excepting your Slyk Q Skin v1.31 and the shared components v1.09 plus Xstreamity v3.58 and Jedi v6.20 but when I try to refresh my bouquets in Jedi the system is crashing and creating the following log file. All plugins installed without issue. If I leave the SlyK Q installed but switch back to the default MetrixHD skin then there is no crash and the bouquets are created correctly.

Box is as usual a vu+ solo 4k

Update: Also have epgimport plug-in installed

Xstreamity also crashes when trying to do a Manual EPG Update on the Main Menu with only the same plugins installed, I think I posted this before and you said it was due to Kodilite but this is not installed. No panic as I know you are recuperating from you hospital admission and I personally think it is an openatv 7.0 issue as it started doing this from an update around Xmas time and I posted it on their OpenATV 7.0 link on this site but they claimed it is a problem with your plug-in albeit does not happen on any image prior to this time. I only have one image from before Xmas and this is for the 29th September 2021 and this does not have the same issues.

• Hello KiddaC and thank you for this great plugin.

There are couple of warnings in OpenViX 6.0.006 debug log :

< 11223.1613> 16:00:00.0680 [Skin] Parsing embedded skin '<embedded-in-JediMakerXtream_Update>'.

< 11223.1619> 16:00:00.0686 [Skin] Processing screen '<embedded-in-JediMakerXtream_Update>', position=(0, 0), size=(1920 x 1080) for module 'JediMakerXtream_Update'.

< 11223.1629> 16:00:00.0697 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'action' in <class 'Plugins.Extensions.JediMakerXtream.update.JediMakerXtream_Update'>.

< 11223.1635> 16:00:00.0702 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'progress' in <class 'Plugins.Extensions.JediMakerXtream.update.JediMakerXtream_Update'>.

Can you please fix them ?

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!