Tenda W150M cant get ip address on GigaBlue

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,032 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• hey guys,

Got the sat box in another house with its going to live for the rest of its days lol,

Anyway the setup is,

O2 wireless box IV (Thomson)
    gigablue hd 800se
    tenda connected to box
    team red image

When I run the network wizard it says network configuartion has been activated thats with

DHCP: YES
    INTERFACE: YES

Then when testing internet says internet failed.

----------------------

When Using the laptop connected to tenda while that connected to sat box I can use the internet.

am stumped with that

• i use a tenda 150 with an eagle box that lives across the street in an old boys house - its nearly 40 meters away and connects fine !
    i set it up in client+ap mode with wpa/wpa2 encryption - i followed online instructions direcct from tendras site from memory -

the eagle is set to dhcp on

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• what ive got is

ip address: n/a
    netmask: n/a
    gateway: n/a
    pri dns: 192.168.1.254
    sec dns: 0.0.0.0

Thats with the router directly connected to box taking tenda out of the equation

Do these O2 wireless boxes need a static ip addy for sat box to get internet??

• Ive followed this about 3 times without any luck - its the same instructions i used to set up my own tenda.

If i try to use my comp to connect to net I get a no internet access, If I diagnose it it says doesnt have a valid IP address

• To set it up you must have it in router mode i seem to remember ?
    are you are selecting client+ap mode with the little button once you have set it up in router mode ?

e

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• it could be the wireless signal format

i know i used N type over B or G - is the tenda even compatible wiv B or G - did you check what signal the 02 router is emitting ! most can be configured to select the signal type _ my bt router allows N B & G choice in the settings !

wise move trying @ home again - these things do ya head right in at times :misdoubt:

• tell me about it!!!!!!! especially when it works a charm here makes it all the more annoying!

I had a quick look on o2 support apparently you need to select keep same ip at all times so will try that - but then again it with the o2 router directly connected to box it still didnt work so would emliminate any problems with tenda setup.

I didnt think to check the wireless letter I just assumed it wouldve been G band

router supports b,g and n.

• I use two of these and had problems until i went into router settings and changed the chanell
    number from auto to a fixed number which in my case was 1, then go into tenda settings and
    give it the same chanell number. Everything else was the same as Master G has posted. Hope
    this helps.

• Official Post

Found this tutorial, worth a try.

Set-Up Instructions using Windows 7

1. Connect the LAN cable from the Tenda W150M to the PC LAN connector. (Don't connect to the router, it has to be connected to the PC LAN connector)

2. Connect the USB power lead from PC USB Socket to Tenda (or connect the standalone power adapter if you don't have a free USB socket on the PC)

3. Wait for the Tenda to power up then press the "Mode" button once for Client-AP Mode.

4. Now follow the video tutorial instructions on youtube.

5. The Username and Password for accessing the Tenda control panel is: admin

6. Once you've followed the instructions in the Video tutorial disconnect the Tenda from the PC and connect it to the device you wish to connect via wireless.

7. Enter the Network menu on your device and set DHCP to Auto if you wish the router to assign an IP address automatically to the device.

• Ive followed that guide - ran network wizard with settings;

use interface: Yes
    Use dhcp: yes

Giga tests internet connection....

"Tour internet connection is working now"

Also

I ran Network test;

LAN adaptor: LAN Connection]
    LocalNetwork: Connected
    DHCP: Enabled
    IP Address: Confirmed
    Nameserver: Confirmed

Yet,

IP Address - N/A
    Netmask - N/A
    Gateway - N/A
    Pri DNS - 192.168.1.254
    Sec DNS - 0.0.0.0

I dont understand why it telling my ipaddress has been confirmed yet under adapter settings it n/a

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!