MAG 250 / 254 / 322 custom firmware (MAG Software Portal)

There are 225 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 93,193 times. The last Post () by Riyad12345gy.

• Hi,

I've fixed links, look please at https://vps.magboxes.xyz/image…2-rc.1/imageupdate_mag256 for image :)

About rc2, I'm soon going to compile a new firmware which fixes problems with transitional and final images, they will not be needed and firmware will be just firmware ;)

• I really appreciate all the work you've put into making these mag boxes usable again. Not all heroes wear capes haha. I was able to get 2.19.02-rc1 working on my mag322, however now it randomly freezes not sure if it's my provider or the box though (Helixhosting) but if i can get a channel loaded 2.19.02.-rc1 buffers a lot less. 2.19.02-rc2 just freezes on a green infomir screen.

Disclaimer, I don't know what goes into these firmware or the improvements that are made I just stating my personal observations to hopefully aid the community and development. great work!

• What about dts support ?

With older original firmwares from infomir, it's present but they cut it out with later firmwares.

Should be great if DTS support can be put back in this custom firmware.

Hello,

I think it's a very good idea if it's possible of course !

As a supplier I am obliged to transform my films every time and split them up and put AC3 or AAC audio for films or series for my customers otherwise it doesn't work on the box in DTS, except for the last ones that came out the old boxes none support Audio DTS sound.

I hope that someone can find a solution with an image that allows you to choose the DTS and make it work.

Thank you for thinking about that !

Hi Guys

it's me Super, how are u all ?

i have

solo v3,v2,v1,Vu 0,

DM500s,DM800HD,

AtlasHD200s,

SR-2000HD HYPER,

MAG322,MAG256,

TX9 PRO,AND MORE :saint:

• Hello! Sorry for my absence, I've had lot of private stuff.

Finally there comes new upgrade v2.20.00. The new upgrade of MAG Software Portal firmware comes with two changes:

• Improving online upgrade functionality.
      Now there is no transitional and final image. You can just grab image from my website and flash it manually. Or you can go to STB settings and do upgrade - but unfortunately this particular 2.20.00 must be flashed from Bootloader / System Recovery Utility.
    • Adding new shortlink Firmware docs
      This shortlink launches my website at STB.

You can download it from Downloads subpage on my website and flash by Bootloader / System Recovery Utility menu. As I've said, unfortunately this must be done by Bootloaders (USB method preferred), but any next upgrades should be available through STB settings.

This image is available for all STBs expect MAG 420/424. Support for those STBs is planned soon.

The second great news is that I've done a better and more usable website of project at https://portal.magboxes.xyz - old website at firmware.magboxes.xyz redirects to the new one now.

Hi Nepose,

Is it possible to contact you on your business email ?

Thank you for the incredible work ! ^^

Yes, at nepose.magportal@gmail.com :)

Big thanks for appreciating it! :)

It would be nice function, I'll try to find out whether it is possible :)

how can I update my mag322 on the latest firmware?

Go to https://portal.magboxes.xyz/download and grab image for MAG 322/324.

• Hi,

Version 2.20 goes very well during the update, but once the update is finished and the services start at startup

then box 322 remains blocked on this image

logo_mag.bmp

is that normal ?

I put back version 2.19.02-rc.1 and it works !

Hi Guys

i have

solo v3,v2,v1,Vu 0,

DM500s,DM800HD,

AtlasHD200s,

SR-2000HD HYPER,

MAG322,MAG256,

• Exactly same problem for me(mag 256) old firmware works fine

• Okay, IMHO the problem was with some missing files at root file system of image. I've recompiled images, try please downloading the new ones from website (in the same way as earlier).

If trouble persists let me know

PS about DTS. May you know which versions of firmware supported DTS on particular STBs? And could you send me them, please, if possible? :)

Infomir doesn't provide any info about supporting it on any of STBs like MAG 322/324, MAG 254, MAG 256. The curious thing is that MAG 254, 256, 349 and 351 are now marked as discounted. They are not such old IMO.

• Now, after flashing on MAG322, the box starts in 'system recovery utility'...

Genuine MAG256 firmwares till 2.20.03 have DTS support. You have it in PM now.

Another request: is it possible to make something like a version spoofer ? so it presents itself as an original firmware to the provider ? Some providers do not allow these custom version numbers.

• Okay, IMHO the problem was with some missing files at root file system of image. I've recompiled images, try please downloading the new ones from website (in the same way as earlier).

If trouble persists let me know

PS about DTS. May you know which versions of firmware supported DTS on particular STBs? And could you send me them, please, if possible? :)

Infomir doesn't provide any info about supporting it on any of STBs like MAG 322/324, MAG 254, MAG 256. The curious thing is that MAG 254, 256, 349 and 351 are now marked as discounted. They are not such old IMO.

Hi All :)

The mag 322 supports the DTS, but the 254,250 no it only supports !

I will try to install the 2.20 fixed and I give you my feedback dear friend!

Thank you for everything ^^

Hi Guys

i have

solo v3,v2,v1,Vu 0,

DM500s,DM800HD,

AtlasHD200s,

SR-2000HD HYPER,

MAG322,MAG256,

• About version spoofer: you can manually change image version, description and date by using SSH utility. Stalker middleware may check for them before loading web portal.

If you don't know what is SSH:

1. Go to System Settings -> Network info -> either Wired or Wireless (which one you use)
    2. Find the IP of STB and write it down somewhere
    3. Download PuTTY app on your Windows PC. Turn it on, to "IP" field enter IP of STB and to "Port" enter 22, then click "Connect"
    4. Login as: root
    5. Password: 930920
    6. Congrats, you've loaded embedded Linux command line ;)

Image version, description and date are written in STB's bootloader memory. There are two commands to modify it:

Bash
    fw_printenv [here variable name]            to check value of a variable
    fw_setenv [variable name] [value]           to set a value of a variable

For MAG 322 latest official firmware is 2.20.09r2 and there are required values of variables:

• Image version (variable Image_Version): 220
    • Image description (variable Image_Desc): 2.20.09r2-324
    • Image date (variable Image_Date, must be in such format): Thu Jun 27 13:51:48 UTC 2019

So for this example the required commands are:

Bash
    fw_setenv Image_Version "220"
    fw_setenv Image_Desc "2.20.09r2-324"
    fw_setenv Image_Date "Thu Jun 27 13:51:48 UTC 2019"

and after it it's recommended to reboot using reboot.

In this way user of every STB can change details to spoof official firmware with using my images

• The update is done very well with the files corrected,

thanks nepos it's great and in addition the zapping is very fast ! ^^

Hi Guys

i have

solo v3,v2,v1,Vu 0,

DM500s,DM800HD,

AtlasHD200s,

SR-2000HD HYPER,

MAG322,MAG256,

• I see that the company MAG still continues to block the DNS

of the tv servers they are annoying at this level the person will

not buy their products

Hi Guys

i have

solo v3,v2,v1,Vu 0,

DM500s,DM800HD,

AtlasHD200s,

SR-2000HD HYPER,

MAG322,MAG256,

• hello Nepose

i have been successfully testing your last (07/july) firmware i have had to modify some config -i access with no problem my provider and switching looks really faster

screen of the inner portal is in better definition than before and menu seem to be near receiveing new enhancements and programs..

I had to re define in my computer the ID for MagicCast because the ID has changed with this firmware and is not the same as before !

I also got an annoying problem because i use " MAGICREMOTE" on ios

it was working great before but with the update it is not usable (its very ennoying because as i resent the signal by a DVB modulator through my antenne cable i was using MAGICREMOTE from different rooms !

the message i find on my iphone when trying to accessis :

your set-top box and mobile device should be connected to the same network (ok it is )

!settings > turn on remote control option on your set top box (settings > system settings > Remotecontrol)

configure "multicast routing to detect your set up box!

can you look Nepose why it does not work?

i am not sure if i had to validate IGMP 1/2 or 3 and what url to put as "multicast url"

i have been testing a lot about the password and i am not sure that it is operating correctly beetween mag firmware and the MAGICREMOTE on ios

when i put a password i expect : success or Bad password

if you can help i will appreciate

Best regards to you (all)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!