DSL Microfilter

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,121 times. The last Post () by thestealer.

• Hi guys has anyone had a problem with a DSL microswitch? I keep loosing my internet although my router is still showing as conected I cant receive incoming calls at anytime and outgoing calls are intermittent I have called my phone/isp provider but calls are via non english speaking countries and are no help.
    I dont have a spare filter to check so thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else has had a similar problem thanks.

• have you tried removing the bottom half of your master telephone socket and plugging the filter directly in there, this will eliminate any problems on internal telephone wiring as it will be connected directly with the main cable coming in.

you will get better speed and more reliable connection with a filtered face plate so that the broadband is filtered on the main socket before it connects to any internal wiring.

If your router / modem is not connected to your main BT socket then this can be a problem as you have to use internal wiring.

• The router is connected to the main BT socket but bottom half is just full of wires going to get a filtered faceplate tomorrow to see if it helps.

• Just another thought, I had a similar issue a few years ago when I moved house. The problem was I didn't have a filter on an extension socket which was in the loft and had a phone attached. What the heck it was doing there I have no idea but the moral is there needs to be a filter on EVERY extension.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!