Oscam on Octagon sf 8008

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 18,180 times. The last Post () by outtyrox.

• Nile86:

It depends on the Enigma2 distribution type:

Enigma based for AArch64 state = you need to use the Oscam for "armv8" architecture

Enigma based for AArch32 state = you need to use the Oscam for "armv7" architecture

Which Enigma2 distribution do you use ?

More info here: http://infocenter.arm.com/help…oc.dui0801a/BABBDFIH.html

A processor based on ARMv8 can run applications built for AArch32 and AArch64 states but a change between AArch32 and AArch64 states can only happen at exception boundaries.

ARM Compiler toolchain builds images for either the AArch32 state or AArch64 state. Therefore, an image built with ARM Compiler toolchain can either contain only A32 and T32 instructions or only A64 instructions.

A processor can only execute instructions from the instruction set that matches its current execution state. A processor in AArch32 state cannot execute A64 instructions, and a processor in AArch64 state cannot execute A32 or T32 instructions. You must ensure that the processor never receives instructions from the wrong instruction set for the current execution state.

The Oscam attach into the post by ffjoao user is just the binary file. You need to install the Oscam as yourself (Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages), or rewrite the existing binary file "/usr/bin/oscam....." with the new one binary file (ZIP attachment from the ffjoao user).

• These Enigmas are as standard versions based on the normal development stream - all they are AArch32. AArch64 based is only some Enigma (Dreambox OS - OE2.5, I think, ... or some similar ... Edision OS ... or some OpenPLi images compiled for some new devices ... I don't know sorry :-) however, they are still very few).

However, Oscam added by ffjoao is Oscam with support for some "PVU keys" - OScam Emu New Method for PVU keys ("SoftCam.Key" and "oscam.keys" in "/usr/keys" and "/etc/tuxbox/config"). I don't know exactly which sat-provider needs these keys. If you want the latest oscam binary file without this support, it's in my attachment ...

• Hi,

If you can not install the softcam, look for "softcam-feed-universal_4.3-r0_all" or higher, afther install go to menu/info panel/softcam-setup.

• I've been able to get OSCAM to run on my SF8008 and add keys for channels that use the generic key but not figured out if AR works or not. Manual entry does work though.

Other issue is I'm trying to figure out how to deal with channels with the same SID

like on 103W two transponders have the same SID of 300 3945V and 3780V which converted to HEX is 012C

• outtyrox :

If the channels have the same SID it doesn't matter. Each single channel in DVB technology is characterized by multiple values (Service Reference Code) and not just SID value - for example: satellite position in the case of satellite or frequency in the case of terrestrial, transponder frequency on which the channel is running, transponder ID, channel network, ... .

More info: https://www.opena.tv/english-s…-1-syntax.html#post376271

Of course, Oscam identifies all these values. But in oscam LOG you will see only the service / channel identification values that are in Oscam format or that you set in oscam.conf.

More info: http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki…/Config/oscam.conf#ecmfmt

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!