H7S MultiBoot "How To" - Discussion thread

There are 72 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 19,920 times. The last Post () by urie.

• Hi , I did exactly what i was advised by u , telenet , mounted , df -h command , Rebooted the receiver , the issue remains 1. I cannot boot to the other images which were there pre blackhole 2. The flash memory is now showing 2.5 gb , ideally it should be 1 gb like zgemma h7s has 4 partion of 1 gb each , picture attached for your ready ref . Now i had arrived at a conclusion after installing open bh the default partion allocation changed and the reason i am not able to boot to other start ups , pls correct me if i am wrong

• Hi , I did exactly what i was advised by u , telenet , mounted , df -h command , Rebooted the receiver , the issue remains 1. I cannot boot to the other images which were there pre blackhole 2. The flash memory is now showing 2.5 gb , ideally it should be 1 gb like zgemma h7s has 4 partion of 1 gb each , picture attached for your ready ref . Now i had arrived at a conclusion after installing open bh the default partion allocation changed and the reason i am not able to boot to other start ups , pls correct me if i am wrong

Those commands weren't supposed to solve it, just wanted to see what you had on that image.

It appears you have /boot partition mounted, which is good.

After telnet, login, try the following commands:

"cd /boot"

"cp STARTUP_1 STARTUP"

"cd /"

"sync ; sync && reboot"

Let me know how it goes.

Edit: And yes, if you installed openblackhole that overwrote your partition table/erased flash (e.g., installed a boot image from USB via the receiver startup, etc...) then you pretty much need to start over. See https://github.com/oottppxx/enigma2/tree/master/zgemmah7 for some discussion about recovery options _for_future_ installs.

• Thx for reply , pls see the attached image , Muktiboot image selector is missing on obh , which was there for other images also i wanted to update if obh is insaleed on start up 1 then flash shows a size of 950 mb and if it is installed on 2or 4 th starup it shows 2.3 gb , which appears to me it allocate all the flash memory to obh excluding the start up 1 which is open atv

• I really dont want to jump to a conclusion , since i am an amateur , obh does not support multiboot from nand flash , ie only obh will run and rest of the images cant be selected or run while on obh , earlier i had 4 images on all 4 different slots and all were inter selectable / compatible but at that time i was unable to install pli on any of the slots anyway thx a lot to spend your time Warm Regards

• I really dont want to jump to a conclusion , since i am an amateur , obh does not support multiboot from nand flash , ie only obh will run and rest of the images cant be selected or run while on obh , earlier i had 4 images on all 4 different slots and all were inter selectable / compatible but at that time i was unable to install pli on any of the slots anyway thx a lot to spend your time Warm Regards

It appears you got an error while copying STARTUP_1 to STARTUP (file didn't exist), which is a bit odd... To confirm, telnet/login then do:

"ls /boot/*" and check the output, it should show STARTUP, STARTUP_1 (and _2, _3, _4).

If files exist, then you made a mistake copying, and I'd need to see the commands you used (they don't show up on your screenshot).

• Official Post

I really dont want to jump to a conclusion , since i am an amateur , obh does not support multiboot from nand flash , ie only obh will run and rest of the images cant be selected or run while on obh , earlier i had 4 images on all 4 different slots and all were inter selectable / compatible but at that time i was unable to install pli on any of the slots anyway thx a lot to spend your time Warm Regards

just to confirm, OBH only support VU boxes, all other images are built by enthusiast's

Your in good hands with oottppxx :thumbup:

• But i must say Obh 4.4.004 is working effortlessly be it Satelite / iptv , I do have a Solo 4 k and Gigablue trio 4k , but h7 is rocking however its a mid segment receiver

• Oottppxx ,,,,, Sir today again i reflashed slot 1 with open atv and on the fly local image slot 2 with obh , i am unable to switch from obh to open atv , slot 3 and slot 4 r empty but obh flash showing 2.3 gb picture shared already

• Oottppxx ,,,,, Sir today again i reflashed slot 1 with open atv and on the fly local image slot 2 with obh , i am unable to switch from obh to open atv , slot 3 and slot 4 r empty but obh flash showing 2.3 gb picture shared already

If OBH is overwriting your flash, there's not much that can be done. If it's not overwriting your flash/partition table, try the procedure I posted above, it should work, and if not, collect the outputs I requested. If you want, please share the links to the images you're flashing, I might take a peek at those during the weekend, if I have time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!