News regarding PurE2 - updates, problems and so on...

There are 837 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 73,770 times. The last Post () by electron112.

• PurE2 image is second to none (!!!!!!) when it comes to giving users control over the image, whereby (for example) users have tons of options, in terms of

-what the skin will look like (the most malleable of them all and the first in terms of 64b extra quality skins!),

-how to set up the devices attached to a box (a unique Device Manager which has the option to kill AutoFS/automounting, in favour of fixed mounting, the way a user wants it to be, in line with the old PowerBoard E2 achievements in that regard!),

-modifying the RC setup in millions of ways (I have also shown 2 major places where to do it - in this very thread - plus throughout the settings, of course),

- which CamD to use (we have it all!),

-plenty of PurE2 FNC plugins by Franc, carefully written, specially for PurE2,

-the best support with quickly worked out solutions, from

-motor issues to

-NAND expansion,

-Kodi integration,

-SH4 Yocto layer, which allowed porting of latest E2 developments for SH4 platform and whatnot

-best type of online SW updates, which spread from PurE2 to other images now

-fast and comprehensive support on the forums, if I may say so...

etc. etc.

I already carefully explained and documented, on this forum, for instance, how to modify RC but for some - who feel the centre of the Universe - it's never them!!! Rather, PurE2 MUST change everything according to their needs, so they do not have to do anything at all or they will throw a tantrum across the forums, every time we publish a new image which isn't what they want it to be like. Beware, even the US military might be brought to bear on this issue, if we do not "see the light" very soon... If really necessary, the UN 'support' can also be bought...

As in, such users will permanently sit on their hands, in a constant state of "having a fit", demanding we change PurE2 as they want it to be, rather than learn a few things and change what they need, rather quickly... They can even make a backup and restore the settings as they want them to be in their box, next time they want to flash a new image. They do have all such tools at their disposal and yet...

Seriously, the mind boggles sometimes...

Thanx, Jens!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

Edited once, last by gorski ().

• OK, there are improvements to the kernel, for Zgemma H9x/H9.2X models, apparently (something in kernel settings was preventing various drivers from loading, allegedly)...

I tested with the latest PurE2 and I can tell you there are some improvements, from my quick test in H9S with mSD expansion of NAND.

A new image is warranted, via USB stick, not online update, it seems...

Sat TV (with OSCam Emu) is OK, 9E AFN PV channels included (AU) but not 4.8, from what I saw (CW is there but no image).

Streaming (OLM FNC plugin) is fine so far...

Playback from NAS is not yet there, from what I can tell: still no audio or stuttering badly and/or no video sometimes, so codecs to be added, problems to be fixed but...

A step forward...

E2iPlayer and Kodi yet to be tested by me, mind... :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

Edited once, last by gorski ().

• I have tested most images available for my tuners in recent years, DM500-800-520 / Amiko8900 / Vu + Uno4k / Mutant51, and the Pure2 image is my absolute favorite.

Stable and up-to-date, with countless options for custom settings.

I look forward to version 6.3 and forthcoming releases.

• Our coders would love to read such reviews, I am sure! This is what makes it all worthwhile!!! :)

• Well, it is, kinda... Some of it is online, Franc has his GIT but you know, being a tiny team... not easy...

• I don't understand the question. Is there a problem with them being there? They are meant to help for different issues... So, depending on one's needs you can remove them. But what would be the point? There is loads of space...

• I just install image, but with problems. First big problem is remains frozen tv program

in the bacground of previous channels when scanning or when is no program

or is crypted. I think the channel selection settings missing option zapping mode- black screen.

Second problem is when go to "InstallRest.sh" when came to install openwebif packet

stopped .

Have you had such problems?

Regards

• With the last one you should be patient. Even if you press OK after it appears frozen - it would be OK. It was at my end...

Which box, which procedure, which channel list, which CamD, settings etc. etc.? We need relevant info, of course...

MENU > Setup > System > Channel Selection Settings > 3rd page > Zap mode - Black screen (by default).

Why InstallRest.sh? How did you mount a device to which you expanded the flash?

No frozen image of previous channel when scanning a satellite position here.

When I zap and the next channel is encrypted - no problem, just black screen.

Perhaps something went wrong during the installation? It's possible...

In that case, if in doubt, try again - best practise... ;)

Best of luck! :)

• Thank you for answer. The box is DM800SE. I make first USB to ext4 partition.

Mount is /flodder/root - device /dev/sda1 Type-ext4.

On Channel select settings not exist option 3rd page-Zap mode-Black Screen,

only Channel zap delay mode. I have all done for your DM800SE instructions.

PS I would like to explain to your better in EX-YU section on this one forum.

Regards

Edited once, last by Panda555 ().

• Ach, yes, I forgot you have 800HD SE, sorry. These images have been made smaller to fit the measly 64MB flash size, hence some options are not there...

However, if there are weird things happening re-install the image. Do it all from scratch: the basic one in the flash, then do the mounting of USB stick. How to do these things exactly?

It should be a single partition USB stick. Then, try to mount your USB stick as /media/hdd in pManager > Device Manager. You will find more detailed info in the thread I wrote on RAM and ROM expansion. See in Flash Expander part how to mount permanently and properly, Automount to OFF first!

After Flodder script is done and full restart happens you can do the InstallRest.sh script and Restart. Do not mount the USB stick again!

Then set it all up, i.e. do all the settings (go through everything and make it all work for you, acquaint yourself with the image), download plugins etc. etc.

After the installation, make and/or direct to HDD:

make a SWAP file and direct it to /media/hdd

send to /hdd the EPG you'll get from the satellite

make a folder named picon and send your picons, if any, to it, from your PC via FTP

make a folder called buffering and send E2iPlayer buffering to it

make a folder named cache and send E2iPlayer cache to it

make a folder called subtitles and direct subtitles from SubSupport and E2iPlayer to it

and so on with similar folders...

After you have done the work you will appreciate your box more and enjoy it properly! :)

This is necessary if it is to perform well - a structurally properly setup image!

Good luck!

• One question , why mount USB stick as /media/hdd and not as /media/usb.

How to mount as /media/usb/flodder as you explained on other forum (HDSC).

Sorry, you not answer me about no existing option 3rd page - Zap mode - Black screen

After mount to USB looks Flash 7.1 GB in use 16% 6098 free

Extern: Kingston 7750 GB , 6 GB free.

• So you can record to the USB stick mounted as /media/hdd by default (see Recording options). Otherwise you will need to change all those settings for recording, instant recording, timeshift etc.

OK, I have no box that can do Flodder, so I went back to Delfi's explanations for clarification. No need to mount things, as the Automount system will kick in. And I suppose that by default the USB stick might be mounted as /media/hdd. Check it in Device Manager. You can also change it, the way I suggested it earlier.

Here are Delfi's instructions (I edited it a bit)

And the other part:

The strategy is called KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid :laugh1: - American humour, sorry.... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1: )

You can complicate it via Telnet, sure but I would not, as it is not needed, Delfi & co. included all the stuff in the scripts...

I did explain that these images are limited by the small flash, so they do not have everything other images for other boxes with larger flash have, like "Black background/screen" when changing a channel/zapping.

• After mount USB to /media/usb, I connected to Totalcommander

and now flodder and swapfile are in media/usb directory.

I added other folders in media/usb ( picon, mediaportal, music and IPTVCache).

In the meantime I installed oscam emu and added my config and works OK.

About zap mode still same problem. Do you have it in Channel selection settings

this option in your image in your box, because there are no option in my image.

Maybe are developers forget implemented for DM800SE. For about record on usb I never recording.

• Sorry, never used Merlin anything...

But aren't they the members of "supporting DB only gang"...?

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!