2.3 Build 204 channel updating.

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,164 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Hi All

Ok have been trying to update my solo original to 2.3 Build 204 from 2.3, image loads fine but when i try and update channel via dreambox edit the fav folders load but have t no channels within them. Have tried flipflops and catseye with the same issue.

Also one thing i find very odd is when you hit the upload button the upload takes place but at reload stage says unable to connect to my ip on box. I know this is the right ip as flashfxp is fine connecting & confirmed within network settings.

Also within setting on dreambox edit it if i test connection this fails on port 80, but is ok if i change to port 21, but will not connect to box in file transfer.

hope above info helps.

Regards Lee

• hmm...sounds like its not restarting after you upload your bouquets...

have you TSpanel installed? If so..try installing a bouquet list from there and see if that makes any difference...

If DBE is failing to connect on port 80...check your OpenWebIf port is setup correctly!

• Hi sandman

yes DBE is fine on my original 2.3 just this 204 build, will have a play with TSpanel installed.

The thing i couldnt understand was why it had uploaded the fav's folders but the channels within still only said NA.

Regards Lee

• It's down to the Open Web IF as in build 204 we removed the old web interface but left it in the feeds for those wishing to continue to use it as such the Open Web IF is still using it's own default port. you can either change this on the receiver or change it in DBE to mirror the new port number.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• ftp into your receiver, and delete first all of the existing files in /etc/enigma2 that start with 'userbouquet' and 'bouquets', and also 'blacklist', 'lamedb', and 'whitelist'

then try again.

I had the same problem, every time the upload failed it closed off the ftp server on my receiver as well, requiring a reboot.

Once I deleted the existing files as mentioned, it allowed me to upload my old saved channel settings.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Did you try clicking on the reload settings button after it failed to reload settings?

I had something similar to your problem what happens with me is,

It uploads no problems but cant send reload settings so using DBedit I connect to box and click ftp and then click the reload settings button

• Did you try clicking on the reload settings button after it failed to reload settings?

I had something similar to your problem what happens with me is,

It uploads no problems but cant send reload settings so using DBedit I connect to box and click ftp and then click the reload settings button

as pointed out above that part is handled via a Telnet command which needs the correct HTTP port setting either in DBE ( change it to 8080 ) or just change the port that the Open Web IF uses on the box it self to port 80, which is the default port the old webif used.

• Default port is 8088 - with this port set it still doesn't reload settings, but instead in ftp options of dreambox edit, I choose to send custom command to the receiver after sending settings - 'killall enigma2' which then restarts the GUI so the new settings I have uploaded are there.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Default port is 8088 - with this port set it still doesn't reload settings, but instead in ftp options of dreambox edit, I choose to send custom command to the receiver after sending settings - 'killall enigma2' which then restarts the GUI so the new settings I have uploaded are there.

I did reboot the solo when DBE failed to do so but this didnt help.

Regards Lee

• yes i meant 8088 sorry about that, as i said thats needed so that DBE can connect to the receiver via a inbuilt telnet session and initiate a GUI restart so that the settings take hold.

you could try this

start a telnet session and issue the init 4 command.
    start DBE and transfer the settings to the receiver but do not hit the reload button.
    go back to the telnet session and issue the init 3 command

now close dbe and check the settings have taken hold. or just use dreamset as it will do all the above but with a very ugly gui.

• Glad your sorted and see what happens with a little perseverance ?

now when the new image is released dont forget to change the HTTP port in DBE back to 80 as in that image we have removed the old web interface completely and the Open Web interface has been assigned the default HTTP port.

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!