Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,432 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 145,385 times. The last Post () by urie.

• ** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• KiddaC , did you see my post about screenames v1.03 crashing on openatv7.3 and 7.4 even without epgselection.py mod

• Hi,

I'm after setting up a new H7 with openatv 7.3 and slyk-1080-r19. Very nice work really cool.

But I am a little confused what is the 'official' go-to place for the skins & related resources & infos.

Being on openatv I installed the slykr19 skin itself from the plugins repos. As in plugins/skin packages. And I'm assuming this is the 'latest' release and the preferred install option.

And I saw the nice setup guide for settings etc right here.

But I dont see epg-tabs or 7 days epg in the plugins repos. Where would I get those? Or are they included already and simply need enabling via extras.xml?

For that matter, I dont have an extras.xml. I have an s-extras.xml. I assume thats the one?

What with such questions I'm wondering too where is the most up-to-date source for documentation/faq/wiki for all this stuff? Is in the different threads here? Initial posts dont seem up-to-date on everything. Do I have to read through the entire threads? Is it somewhere on your GitHub? I saw your google drive being mentioned once or twice... Somewhere else?

This is no criticism by the way. I know how it is. Just wondering where should I start.

Thanks again

cam

• Right.... All skins have their individual thread on here linuxsat. Each of those separate threads give instructions how to setup your settings and any extras etc.

Most of my skins are in popular image feeds, feeds await me to push my changes to github. At the moment everything is up to date on github.
    There is no user guides if installing from feeds. You need to read the info on here.

epg-tabs - is an old mod when all oe-alliance providers, openatv, openvix, pure2 etc. All had very similar code.
    Lots of code has changed in all the images now, so it is pretty much dead as a mod.

Slyk 7 days epg. Is also a separate plugin which you can find in my section. I don't think that is in feeds.

The 7 day epg mod, gets the data from sky direct so providers better and longer epg than the rytec feeds.

This thread is a general questions and answer thread for all my skins. As my skins threads are closed and for info only.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Hi Kiddac, I like all yourenigma skin. The one I USE the most is ONYX Skin. Recently, I updated to open ATV 7.3. I installed your enigma skin from plugin. I think that I need to run a script to update the top picks. Can you please help me. I also want to use your latest movie planner. If you could assist me with this please. Thanks

• Hi Kiddac, I like all yourenigma skin. The one I USE the most is ONYX Skin. Recently, I updated to open ATV 7.3. I installed your enigma skin from plugin. I think that I need to run a script to update the top picks. Can you please help me. I also want to use your latest movie planner. If you could assist me with this please. Thanks

• New to this... Following KiddaC's guide to OpenATV 7.x on a zgemma H.2S, Onyx skin. Two queries so far:

I can't see the bouquets in the EPG like on the screenshots... On the screenshots of the skin it shows the bouquet names near the top under the channel preview like tabs, so you know which bouquet you're on. Can this be turned on?

I'm also not seeing the colour options at the bottom; I don't see the 'Record' colour, only the default 'Add timer'. If I try the 'Add timer' option I get the config options for that timer... I'd like it to just do it with one touch and add a flag on the EPG, like my old Wooshbuild used to. How do I create that behaviour?!

Other than that it's going well and my box looks a lot fresher. Thanks!

• The 2 things you are missing is what is called the EPG mod.

Unfortunately there has been too many changes in the last year in all the different images, that the EPG mod became an abandoned project. It became impossible to get this to work on multiple images. So you have done nothing wrong. It just doesn't work anymore. Some people have hacked it to work specific to the image they use, but there is no universal solution anymore.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Feel your pain to many changes ,and as you I still flaff about using your EpgSelection.py and EpgList.py, and other day had to revert to old version of ChoiceBox.py .

But without adding any of those files slyk-1080-r19 still shows bouquete name in GraphicalEPG, but onyx and slyq do not if you know what i mean moving between bouquets with < and > you do not know what one it is.

Why can't they take into consideration when making changes make them backward compatible

But if using channel select bouquet names are shown but not everyone does that a lot still press EPG button.

Its annoying considering I think your slyk or vm skins are still most popular what a lot of people are used to especially when they have moved from such companies to enigma2. Old habits die hard so they feel more comfortable.

:smiling face:

• How do i open movie planner mod? And when i open graphical epg it doesnt let me go down

this helped me with the scroll:

• How do i open movie planner mod? And when i open graphical epg it doesnt let me go down

this helped me with the scroll:

Also read RE: Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

• hello,

is it possible to see the time remaining when watching a movie/series (vod)?

i only see how long the movie is and how many minutes have passed. it would be good to see the remaining time as well.

thanks!

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!