Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,467 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 149,140 times. The last Post () by bmitie.

• Hi, I have been trying for hours to install Slyk 1080 R19 and end up with a frozen box, with LED display reading 00 every time. I have had to reload OpenATV 6.4 four times to try nd install the skin again, still no joy. I am sure I am doing something wrong since no one else seems to have raised the issue.

I have a Zgemma Star H2 running OpenATV 6,4, fresh install (4 times!) I have followed KiddaC instructions, installing enigma2-plugin-skins-kiddac-shared-components_1.07_all.ipk, rebooted and then installed slyk1080r19_2.16.20210124_all.ipk. My box loads up but no new skin showing. I just get the OpenATV 6.4 logo. If I press menu or any other button on the remote, nothing happens, the box is just frozen and nothing but a fresh install of OpenATV will fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I have missed on done wrong? Thanks

• carrspaints

hmmm, a skin error your box normal counts up to 49 before freezing.

You don't have to reinstall an image because of a skin error

You can just delete the skin files and reboot and it will load default skin.

skin

/usr/share/enigma2/slyk-1080-r19

custom components

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter
    and
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer

any file starting slyk*

openatv comes with the these stupid setting set to yes on first image installation.
    set them to NO

menu... setup... system..Logs settings

Handle Python crashes.
    Crash at skin error for debug reasons?

for a full guide of how I setup a new openatv image see this thread

OpenATV setup guide by KiddaC

If you look at your last log, it might also tell you the reason why something isn't working.
    /home/root/logs

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Hi KiddaC. My eyes are now bleeding from fatigue. I tried accessing the files you mentioned above using Filezilla, but it won't connect, even though I added a password under Network (a requirement for OpenATV 6.4). So with no choice left, I had to fresh install openATV 6.4 a fifth time. Went through the set up, including the 15 minute satellite search, added the password "root" to Network so I can access via Filezilla, then made the changes you have above, setting everything in log settings to NO (using the remote). Rebooted. Then FTP'd enigma2-plugin-skins-kiddac-shared-components_1.07_all.ipk and slyk1080r19_2.16.20210124_all.ipk

I installed the 1.07_all.ipk first. Then installed slyk1080r19 which prompted a reboot. Am now back at a frozen OpenATV logo again. I can't access via Filezilla to delete the Skin files, it says the password's wrong - even though I had previously added the network password AND rebooted.

I don't get this. I have installed your skins previously, albeit on a Zgemma H9S. No problems whatsoever. This Zgemma Star H2 won't have it. I doubt it is because the box is a little older. OpenATV 6.4 is the same, irrespective of the box it is installed on.

Can you confirm that the two plugins I have FTP'd are compatible with OpenATV 6.4 and the box I am using? I cannot think of anything that could cause this. It just doesn't make any sense. Cheers

• Okay, so I tried installing a different skin altogether and the issue persist. The problem does not appear to be linked to KiddaC's skin.

This is really odd. I used to have an older Vermin skin on this and it worked fine. I no longer have that one, nor can I find it, But changing the default OpenATV skin seems to mess up this Zgemma Star H2 box. And you cannot FTP into the box when it boots up, it just freezes and Filexilla rejects the password as incorrect.

Guess I'll just have to stick with the default skin. (PS - I also tried installing new skins after I had extended the memory using a USB and it did the same there)

• carrspaints
    this is the last 720 skin I maintained. Not been updated since 2019 and no idea if it still works with openatv 6.4

Doesn't need separate custom components installing, as they built into the 1 ipk.

• Thanks for your help with this KiddaC. I used your older skin and it is working, albeit it a bit sluggish. This is the box causing this, not your skin :laugh1::laugh1:

This box was always a bit slow, being a Zgemma Star H2 . It used to handle IPTV. Now it just crashes. Having tried installing OpenATV 6.0 through 6.4 and with minimal plugins and some very basic skins, I am certain the box is just dying, the chips are knackered. It is slower now than 2 years back, and no software will give it a new lease of life, so time to chuck it.

Thanks again for your help and keep up the great work with your skins. I use them on all my families boxes. :beer1:

• kiddac

my setup is vu ulimo 4k latest vix image, onyx skin down loaded and installed fro vix plugin feeds it apears i have got a epg problem when i veiw programs on 39 east the epg information is not displayed correct, all i am seeing is missing words, symbols, and lots of dots, this only happens on 39 east all other sat work as they should any thoughts ?

Regards

Stavo

• Official Post

That is easy to check. Just open the language settings and scroll through the countries. If you country is blank then the font is not compatible.

If your country prints out then the font is OK :)

• Hi Kiddac - Im on a VU+ Uno4kSE box running Willobuild on Openvix 5.4, the current skin is your Slyk-1080-r19 v2.11 - I have tried to upgrade to v2.16 but it wont install the ipk for that one and the shared components, its saying its already installed, something about debris in the root but yet info says its v2.11 ? I tried running opkg force-overwrite, doesnt like that either ?

Thx

Edited once, last by Cookie1953: missed a bit ().

• Setting up a zgemma h7s for a family friend and they like sky look ie 1080 R19. I have loaded 4 images and at the moment using openatv 6.4 and I downloaded the skin from plugins. I then tried to do a few mods to make it look ace but I can load ipk files to box ok. However they will not install either directly or by going menu, tmp etc. I loaded some of the mods manually ie copied from another box. These were for skyscraper.

When using VUCC I get an error message

What have I missed? In other words is there another way to install the mods that I am not aware of? Or have I missed the obivious?

Help

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!