modem speed

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,357 times. The last Post () by ddaddy.

• Hi guys what a pleasure to be the first post
    whats the best broadband speed to run cccam and how much bandwith do you use with an amount of clients conected

• Hi m8 I have 20 meg broadband and have 81 clients and have no problems at all!!!!

Mutz

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• The speed of your broadband is not as important as the quality of the connection. The average sized server will be more than happy at 4 meg as time is more important than speed. You could subscribe to a fast service but if your 'ping' time is slow then your ecm times will suffer and your share will be glitchey at times.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• Ping to the Virgin server is bound to be high. It's the ping between you and your clients that matters and it's different for each one depending on what routes the data takes.
    eg. Sharing with someone else on virgin should give really good pings. To most of Europe should be ok, but certain ISP's in certain country can give a high ping.

Best thing to do, is when you add a new server, use the ping feature in CSStudio and if it's too high, remove it.

• thanks daddy yes i realise about the cs studio was just making sure internet connection speed is as it should be to be able to have a good server internet connection must be a first to make sure everything is ok

• As has been said, speed isn't important. I'm pretty sure you can run a server on a 1MB connection as the data sent is very minimal.
    What i'd say could help which is along the lines of speed, is a good QoS setup (Quality of Service).
    Basically if you are uploading something on your computer at full speed, then it'll throttle your download data which could result in ECM failures.
    Setting up QoS on your router can give priority to certain IP's over others. So you'd give your server full priority over anything else.

• thanks daddy thats interesting i did update spyware and ran a scan it did find a few viruses so deleted those and my speed went up as for the Qos definatly be having a look at that cheers

• hi guys after reading the wiki website on dd wrt i'm still no better off i did try and mess with the setting within my router but no one could get on the interenet so if you would be so kind daddy could you walk me through my aim is to make sure my server has priority over everything else on the network

• Do you have dd-wrt installed on your router?
    What internet connection do you have? Speed?
    Do all your connecting appliances (laptop, pc, dreambox, xbox, ps3 etc..) have static IP addresses on your local network, or use DHCP?

• Here's my QoS config page.
    Ideally every device would have a static IP, but if not, then you need to use the MAC address section instead. My PS3 and Xbox use DHCP, so I use MAC address for them, and IP's for everything else.

The most important part is getting the uplink & downlink values correct. This is so important or QoS will do nothing.
    My figures are for 50MB broadband. Goto speedtest.net to get your figures.
    Roughly, 10MB*1024=10240kbps
    Now set it to 85% of your actual upload/download speeds.

Add your IP's (end each one with /32) and MAC's and set what priority it has.
    I set Dbox to 'exempt', ps3 and xbox to 'Premium' and computers to 'Standard'
    QoS2.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!