Zgemma h9 blind scan

There are 67 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,448 times. The last Post () by Gutocpv.

• Official Post

With a proper hardware blind scan, the sat xml has no bearing as blindscan is meant to find all transponders and scan the found transponders for channels.

The real question is dose it blind scan on C band ?? Obviously not....

Dose it scan KU band okay ?? (sorry if you said already i am not re reading the whole thread again)

• I have no clue if it does, Jens... Good question!

I edit my satellites list with DreamSet and I only include the satellites that I use...

5243e77f923efe295948aaa.jpg

2ac2b6a046a105419.jpg

I upload the list using DBEdit...

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Hello Gents

I am not sure if this image blinds scan C-BAND on this image, I am not able to use my satellite list, in other images I does not blind scans on C-BAND it has the wrong frequencies, the Ku-band scan on other images is not that good it misses many transponders, but the blind scan feature is there, hopefully someone can make it better.

Thanks for the support.

Regards

Chewie

• Hello Gents

Just curious to know if there was any changes made to the PurE2 image regarding crashing on blind Scan, I also noticed that the OpenATV image does the same thing, it crashes when blind scan is selected, the VIX and the open PLI I don't have this issue.

Regarding C-BAND, does the receiver company has to come up with drivers to implement changes on the blind scan ? I don't know whom proceed with these implements.

Any help from you guys would be appreciated, I like this receiver and if someone can fix the blind scan they can sell receivers here in the Americas.

Regards.

Chewie

• Write to Zgemma with detailed explanation as to how to reproduce the problem, m8...

In the meantime, use a channel list editor to add the TPs to the satellite list, then scan normally, with network turned to ON.

Don't use the blindscan...

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Blind scan with zgemma h9. 2s is ok in ku band

For C band if you change lnb type universal then it will tune cband channels in ku frequencies

• Well with the new images updates from the last 2 months none of the images do the KU blind scan on my receiver or move the motor on the dish.

nice27 - can you blind ku-band now, if yes do you mind sharing your settings .

Please let us know.

Regards.

Chewie

• I don't have the time at the moment to remove a box, put back H9.2H etc. etc.

Buy H7 and you should be very satisfied... ;)

• The fact purE2 dont perform blindscan on C band - at least on Zgemma h9.2h - unfortunately remains a big problem...

Vu+ duo due - Zgemma H9.2H - Motorized system with Amiko DM 3800, LNB Inverto Black Ultra Single and Fracarro 100 cm dish (70,5E to 45W).

• It's not a big problem for me... I don't go after those satellites and even if I did - one needs a big dish for it, too... How many people are affected?

Of course, non-EU guys have a problem with that and they should GET TOGETHER AND WRITE TO THE MANUFACTURERS TO FIX IT IN DRIVERS AND SW!!!!

I already did my part in this regard, even though it doesn't affect me - but this is obviously not enough, so you guys SHOULD DO WHATEVER YOU CAN DO!!!! After all, it's in YOUR interest.... And if you sheepishly sit on your hands and do nothing... oh, well...

You can also write to the forum sponsor as well as all your suppliers and they should all also ask for it to be done, on your behalf, as you are their customers...

Good luck!

• I believe that a versatile image like purE2 cannot afford not to have the blindscan for the C band, simply because it already does, and very well, the blindscan for the KU band.

This is a bug, which can only be fixed by coders. And on the fact that this is not a big problem for you, dear gorski, a few million Russians (and not only) who the C-band is interested in may disagree, and how ... (see, for example, 40 east) . That's all...

P.S .: if it can be useful to the cause, I found this post in another forum, which talks about the same problem: "... many different groups use OE Alliance, so that is why this error is in more than one group image.

c_band_loc_osc = None

That line of code should be:

c_band_loc_osc = 5150

OpenATV will probably fix the blindscan error posted above if someone will take the time to report it. I also noticed the ATSC usb tuners from Hauppauge are recognized in the OpenATV image, but enigma does not know what to do with them so they are listed as nothing. Kernel and other needed Patches are available and OpenATV may very well add them if someone will only ask. "

Bye ....;)

Vu+ duo due - Zgemma H9.2H - Motorized system with Amiko DM 3800, LNB Inverto Black Ultra Single and Fracarro 100 cm dish (70,5E to 45W).

• Official Post

P.S .: if it can be useful to the cause, I found this post in another forum, which talks about the same problem: "... many different groups use OE Alliance, so that is why this error is in more than one group image.

OE alliance all build images using the same drivers, supplied by airdigital AKA ZGEMMA

Kernel and other needed Patches are available and OpenATV may very well add them if someone will only ask. "

Again this is done by Airdigital

https://github.com/zgemma-star…aster/recipes-bsp/drivers

• So what ?? Does this mean that the problem cannot be solved ??? It seems very strange to me ....

• Official Post

So what ?? Does this mean that the problem cannot be solved ??? It seems very strange to me ....

No, the problem MAY possibly be solved, but it needs reporting correctly, most user's in Europe do not use C band, a lot in Asia and the America's do though

The OpenATV and Openpli home forums are good places to report such issues, Also Satdreamr georgeflu has done a lot of work on C band on the Edison OS Mio 4k, and is the only box i am aware of where blind scan of C band works on enigma2.... i am not sure if that team supports zgemma or not...

• So you believe that the problem cannot be solved in the purE2 team context, simply by investing the team coders?

• Official Post

So you believe that the problem cannot be solved in the purE2 team context, simply by investing the team coders?

If blind scan of C band is not working on any image, then it is most likely to be a driver issue, i do not know, i do not have C band....

if it is working on one image but not Pure2 then perhaps the team can fix it, but i t is not for me to say what the team can or can not do...... :laugh1:

I can say that i am impressed with everything else pure2 do

• So you believe that the problem cannot be solved in the purE2 team context, simply by investing the team coders?

If blind scan of C band is not working on any image, then it is most likely to be a driver issue, i do not know, i do not have C band....

if it is working on one image but not Pure2 then perhaps the team can fix it, but i t is not for me to say what the team can or can not do...... :laugh1:

I can say that i am impressed with everything else pure2 doAll

All very clear, bro.... Thank's so much...:cool1:

• PurE2 has sorted out a number of issues, even in drivers, low level coding etc. However, dear eager beaver saragusa, how do you solve a problem if you do not have the equipment?!?

Seriously, slow down, m8... Read carefully, methodically... Be a German in this regard... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!