Cheap and good quality VPN for unlimited number of devices and it works easily in E2 with YIFY etc.

There are 39 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,648 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• I'm running virgin ISP with zgemma h7s

When I start the VPN it feels like its actively blocking the connection not doing what a VPN does

I just wanted some 4k yify fun

What settings on my router you think can be stopping this ?

• Virgin SuperHub 3? They come in router mode. Put it in the modem mode. (It will change the local network addresses to 192.168.100.x) Try it then...

If it works, add the router behind it. And an 8 port LAN switch after the router. Distribute around the house...

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• There is web safe settings on VM hubs, never looked into that myself as i use my hub in modem mode with my own router.

You could also try this by dsayers OpenVPN Setup guide for most VPN,s and scripts

Install as directed with lets say nord or any vpn that uses configs,, then find where configs go and replace with surfshark configs, some vpns user and id is embedded in the config however so could be a nightmare on that front :-(

• Answer my Qs about various SurfShark servers, different VPN companies and so on, please...

Virgin SHs in router mode are notoriously poor... HW weak... SW limited...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Dunno about that... firewall rules, ports etc.

• Suspect18, I finally got mine working on my Superhub 3. I too kept loosing my connection when I tried to run my VPN. Solution below is from DSayers:

Go to your network settings on box and change DHPC to no then blue button to Edit DNS

Use Google's DNS as below: and save:

Nameserver 1 8.8.8.8

Nameserver2 8.8.4.4

Doing the above, I can now connect with VPN running and can select which country I want for my VPN.

Link for a really good way to install Surfshark on box with Virgin Superhub 3. REMEMBER to have a working USB installed in your box. And yes, you use the credentials on the Surfshark website, not your Surfshark username/password.

Enigma2 OpenVPN Guides and scripts

• When you follow DSayers instructions (which do work for Superhub 3, Virgin subscribers), you need to have a USB intalled at the back of the box. That is where all of the files are stored when you run his script. Just format the USB to FAT32 and stick it in the back of your box.

If you follow DSayers instructions, it will work, but it seems only if you have a USB installed in the box. The script tat you run (using "Putty") saves the config files to "media/HDD/SurfsharkVPN". If there is no USB connected, there is nowhere for the config files to be saved to.

I think your confusion may be because there are 2 ways to install Surfshark VPN. Gorski's way, and DSayers way. No disrespect to Gorski's method, but Dsayers methid was so, so simple. Go to the web like in my above post and follow his instructions to the letter. Ensure you have a USB in the back of your box. It took me 10 minutes and I am now up and running.

The link to Dsayers instructions is above, just click on

Enigma2 OpenVPN Guides and scripts

• unbelievable after abit of backtracking and confusion it actually work omg haha that's amazing all this time the files were in the wrong place

Ugh what a relief thank you so much coming back for me I wouldn't of noticed that other forum to give that guy a thank to simply amazing

• That's not "my way", I just followed an already trodden path - I just tested it and described it in detail...

On DNS - it's not a new thing, well documented, amongst others by me.

In my router I put 4:

They are also in my STBs... ;)

And all my STBs have a USB stick plugged in them, for well documented reasons (ROM and/or RAM expansion)...

• carrspaints is correct. i forgot to mention i also had to use a usb pen to hold the files when i tested dsayers scripts

• Maybe this shorthand will help people get the idea... As in, HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELVES!!!!

Buy Surfshark VPN service, it's dirt cheap and easy to use in powerful Zgemma STBs H7 and 9 series, with PurE2 using OpenVPN protocol!

24 months

Coupon: sharkstart
    EUR 1.79/mo

EUR 237.36EUR 42.96

Billed every 24 months

The 24 months plan includes the biggest savings and is fully refundable for 30 days.

It works well on my

-laptop with Winblows 7 64b,

-Android Media Players, tablets and phones (Droid of various dates, even 64b) and

-Enigma2 (PurE2 6.2 and 6.3)!

Short tutorial for Surfshark OpenVPN in PurE2

Remote control button MENU > Setup > System > Network > OpenVPN setup > OK button, confirm to download and install.

7984fb0e2e5dbc1.jpg

Since you are here: in Network setup > Nameserver settings (see post no. 32 above)...

Then, make a folder in your STB > use FileZilla Client, for instance, to connect and FTP into it > etc folder > right-click on it > Create new folder > name it: openvpn > right click and change file attributes to 755, like so...

2d4609145b9ce60e8a8ec665.jpg

Now, copy these 2 files (previously made on your PC from ovpn file given to you by SurfShark) to openvpn folder you just made.

I explained the details in a post (no. 17) above, how to make those 2 files...

Restart PurE2.

Start OpenVPN service like this...

1303117a4d40d0eed549.jpg

I restart PurE2 here, just in case...

Check your new address, according to the server you chose and the 10.8.8.x address which is the mark of the Surfshark VPN address (given to your STB by Surfshark VPN service).

dfe250e4bba.jpg

Any questions?:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

• Didn't need it. Have a look here if they have the feature: https://support.surfshark.com/…um=windows&utm_source=App

I connect each device individually, if I need them through VPN, to a server of my choice, encryption is either IKEv2 (laptop with Winblows, for instance) or OpenVPN in my STBs, IKEv2 in Android, also.

It all works, from normal browsing to torrenting, streaming...

• master G

Added the Label Article
  • Didn't need it. Have a look here if they have the feature: https://support.surfshark.com/…um=windows&utm_source=App

I connect each device individually, if I need them through VPN, to a server of my choice, encryption is either IKEv2 (laptop with Winblows, for instance) or OpenVPN in my STBs, IKEv2 in Android, also.

It all works, from normal browsing to torrenting, streaming...

i need port forwarding from VPN beacause my isp open port

• You can simply put VPN app in each of your devices individually and switch them on - all of them and peace.

Forget about port forwarding...

• I have VPN on all my devices and CS is working fine here (from a remote server), for instance TeamViewer is fine, FNC plugins are fine, Kodi etc. all fine...

Why do you need to get into your boxes from elsewhere, if that is what you want - precisely? Which precise function do you need?

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!