OScam Emu New Method for PVU keys Discussions

There are 60 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,162 times. The last Post () by Larry188.

• what about 2 frequency same hash and EMM key not same

2 frequencies with same hash??? This is not possible. Which are they?

yes its possible.

- channel Animal Planet Japan/APL Japan (4080/V/30000) and channel Liga (4180/H/30000) Satellite Intelsat 19 at 166 E have a same hash.

- when open channel APL Japan autoroll work follow Channel Liga EMM Key because Channel Liga have same hash and Channel Liga EMM Key Lastest in SoftCam.Key list

- Channel Animal Planet Taiwan (3760/V/30000) and channel Animal Planet Southeast Asia (4040/V/30000) Satellite Intelsat 19 at 166 E have a same hash.

- Sorry for my bad english

i'm use wetek play 2 Libreelec official version 9.0.1 arch tecture wetek_play_2.arm

92f14c7e2e9848e.png

8b0b52121c2d01fadbf45481.png

ae5c497822299979d67fe.png

I'm a Student:cool1:

• It is not working for me. I am using TVheadend on libreelec k1Pro. I had it working before, a few days ago it stopped working. I replaced the old oscam binary file and the softcam.key file with yours. Usually it would take 5 mins to key find the keys, but now i have it running for hours and still no key are being found.
    Do i have to make any changes into oscam configs?

• And my question before going entirely crazy. How does this method effect finding keys with pvhe?
    Are there any other ways to discover them? Most posted here on updates are for European sats.

it is not only this method, old method is doing the same job. of course i don't know if all providers are supported (we are talking for powervu) ,

you need the emm keys, a few settings in oscam config, and...

you can do a little search about powervu autoroll/autoupdate for more...

• Official Post

For me it is just a cleaner more organised file, the end result is the same.

Peeps really should read the wiki

Matching ECM and EMM keys based on transponder (new method - May 2019)

The traditional method of getting ECM keys is based on matching the srvid of the channel only. This means the ECM algorithm does not match the group id at all when searching for the ECM key. If many ECM keys with the same srvid (see Note 1 below) are present in the SoftCam.Key, they are all tried until the correct one is found.

In addition, the EMM algorithm does not match the group id as well. The EMM keys used for auto updating can be chosen from various groups (see Note 3) and as a result wrong EMM keys can be used.

The new approach is to utilize the group id of the channel when the ECM and EMM algorithms run. In order OSCam-Emu to know what is the correct group id to use, it calculates a hash based on tsid, onid and enigma namespace of the transponder. The user then needs to enter a new line in the SoftCam.key telling OSCam-Emu which group id to use for each transponder (hash).

The syntax for this line is the following:

Code
    P <hash> GROUP <groupid>

Where:

Code
    hash    (4 bytes) :  Transponder hash calculated automatically by OSCam-Emu. Use debug level 2 to display it.
    groupid (2 bytes) :  The group id that is used for the ECM and EMM keys.

Example:

Code
    P BF175115 GROUP 0080 ; 12303 V, 0.8°W
    P ACE05CA0 GROUP 0080 ; 12360 V, 4.8°E

P 9798A8F2 GROUP 0900 ; 11804 V, 9.0°E

Transponders using the same ECM and EMM keys should use the same group (this should be the case for the traditional method as well) and thus multiple "GROUP" entries should exist for that group id.

After adding the GROUP instruction for a group, the next step is to remove all ECM keys for that group and enter a new one with the dummy srvid 0xFFFF. For example:

Code
    P 0900FFFF 00 00000000000000 ; ECM Key
    P 0900FFFF 01 00000000000000 ; ECM Key

The EMM keys should remain untouched. After restarting the Emu reader, the new method should take over for both the ECM algorithm and the EMM (AU) aglorithm.

The advantages of this new method are many:

• One ECM key is used for all channels in a transponder, so the SoftCam.Key has smaller size and it's easier to maintain and update.
    • Memory consumption is lower and getting the correct key is faster.
    • All problems described in Note 3 are disappeared, which makes creating a proper, trouble-free SoftCam.Key easier for all.

On the other hand there is a couple of drawbacks:

• The application of this new method is limited to STBs utilizing the enigma namespace, like enigma2 and TVheadend, VDR, etc.
    • It cannot be used in the stream relay, because non of the tsid, onid, and enigma namespace are available.

Note 1

For channels with the same service id, the correct ECM key will be detected automatically, but each key needs a unique groupid. If you need different ECM keys for channels with the same service id, make sure they belong to different groups, like in the example:

Code
    P 009E0234 01 11223344556677
    P 00040234 01 22334455667788
    P 013E0234 01 33445566778899

Duplicate keys (same groupid and same srvid) are not allowed. If there are any duplicates, only the last one in the SoftCam.Key file will be used. This also means that as new ECM keys are found and appended to the file, they will automatically replace earlier keys.

Note 2

In order the auto update feature to work, the ECM keys must be seeded. This is done by entering a dummy ECM key and a corresponding (i.e. with the same group id) EMM key, for example:

Code
    P 00010004 00 00000000000000
    P 00010004 01 00000000000000

P 0001 AABBCCDD 11223344556677

When you tune into the channel with the service id '0004', the auto update function will run. After a while, a new ECM key will be written at the bottom of the SoftCam.Key file. This new ECM key will be used instead of the dummy one when opening the channel. For each service id, a dummy ECM key has to be added. Each EMM key will update all ECM keys in the same group.

Note 3

Multiple EMM keys are allowed for each group, but there is a maximum number of 32 EMM keysthat will be used when auto updating. When the auto update function runs, the algorithm does not match the group id. This means that these 32 EMM keys are chosen among all groups that have an ECM key with the current channel's service id, and not necessarily from the 'correct' group. The effective number of EMM keys for auto updating is thus 32 per service id (channel). This design has two side effects:

• If there are many EMM keys for each group, there is a chance all 32 EMM keys are chosen from the 'wrong' group. Then the auto update function will never update the ECM keys.
    • Since no group id is matched, there is a chance the newly found ECM keys to be written to the 'wrong' group.

For best results, it is recommended to have no more than 10 EMM keys in each group, especially if you have many groups in your SoftCam.Key file, and make sure there are no EMM keys with the same UA belonging to different groups.

When using the new method for matching ECM and EMM keys based on transponder, all considerations described above are gone. Only limitation is the maximum number of EMM keys that can be used per group are 32.

Configuring DVB-Api (on compatible devices)

Some receivers support PowerVu through direct DVB-Api decryption. If your device supports it, configure OSCam-Emu as follows:

1. Disable Stream Relay (on by default) through the WebIf:
      Code
       WebIf -> Config -> Stream Relay -> Mode 0 - disabled (use direct DVB-Api decryption)

or by editing the oscam.conf file:

Code
       [streamrelay] stream_relay_enabled = 0
    2. Select the correct extended CW API:
      Code
       Webif -> Config -> DVB-Api -> API for extended CWs 1 - OE 2.2 2 - OE 2.0

or by editing the oscam.conf file:

Code
       [dvbapi] extended_cw_api = 1

• I think you already got your answer. Most probably, in wetek namespace is not available...

• how about mtn 57east fix

I have tried the new method with mtn key are found but black screen we need unmaskin

• 2019/05/06 07:58:31 13110CCF c (-) -- Skipped 1 duplicated log lines --
    • 2019/05/06 07:58:31 13110CCF c (ecm) dvbapiau (0E00@000000/0000/006D/48:F3AB9363E8A0C1E42B3EB010D375C85A): found (3 ms) by emulator - Sports 24
    • 2019/05/06 07:58:32 13110CCF c (dvbapi) ERROR: ioctl(CA_SET_DESCR_MODE): Invalid argument
    • 2019/05/06 07:58:32 13110CCF c (-) -- Skipped 1 duplicated log lines --
    • 2019/05/06 07:58:32 13110CCF c (ecm) dvbapiau (0E00@000000/0000/006D/48:4A6C2DF3C09D8A7AC4978A623B11A953): found (2 ms) by emulator - Sports 24
  • ....but it takes twice the time to find the keys, vs old method. So, what is the advantage of cleaner key file over longer time ?

NIHIL SINE DEO !

• Both the above messages are not accurate.

What is changed with the new vs the old method is what emm keys are "selected" when auto updating. Nothing more.

OSCam-Emu has no way to influence when the provider will send the emm packets. It can only select/choose what emm packets will listen to.

If one or the other method produces better of worse results for you, it just means that your key configuration in your softcam.key was/is not optimal.

The only advantage of the new method regrading auto updating is that it is easier for the non expert user to "assemble" a proper softcam.key, without collisions, especially if there are many channel groups inside.

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!