updating new sly card?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,164 times. The last Post () by markeh.

• Hi,

I set up a linux cccam server for a friend a while back but he got himself a new package and a new sly card which doesn't seem to be updating through cccam. I put cccam 2.3.0 on the server, previously I set cccam up on a laptop for him which died, it was 2.2.1 and seemed to update fine, but that was with the old card.

He told me the card is different to the previous standard white one, and he keeps having to put it into the sly box to update. I'm not sure if it's the card, the cccam version or the cfg file?

I tried adding emm rights to some clients to allow the card to update:

F: Username Password 2 0 1 { 0:0:2 }

But that seems to have done nothing. Can anyone give me some advice please, I have remote access to the server but I can't get a look at the card itself for a few days. I'm hoping it can be fixed remotely.

• my advice is use oscam to read the card & cccam to share. there are self install scripts in pc linux tutorials

• Official Post

Since you are using CCcam alone im guessing you need to update the boxkey details to match the new card ?, but as above things will run much smoother and all will clear without the need for boxkey with an oscam/cccam combination.

• Thanks for the reply. I have absolutely no idea what he's doing with the server, he knows to put in the boxkey. I thought we would be getting sly1 etc but not the movies & sport without the boxkey, at the minute we get nothing.

It seems to work for a random, short, amount of time when the server is restarted. I'm not really sure what that narrows it down to.

I did notice that he might still be running that old server together with the new one, from the same ip, using the same port for cccam. So the two no-ip.com addresses will be redirecting to his ip, does that mean the two cccam servers will conflict somehow?

I'm already looking at the tutorials by yourself and others Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall might get the chance to do that at the weekend.

• Without knowing the full details its impossible to say what the problem is but i think a fresh install of Oscam/CCcam would be a big step in the right direction mate.

Yea, I might try one of the autoinstall scripts on the current ubuntu installation remotely. Seems like the smart move. Thanks.

• Official Post

Yea, I might try one of the autoinstall scripts on the current ubuntu installation remotely. Seems like the smart move. Thanks.

No problem doing this have a look at this one,

HOW TO - CCcam+Oscam Automated Installation for Ubuntu

To make sure the install goes smoothly remove the following files before running the install script.

CCcam binary file from /usr/local/bin

Cfg and any other CCcam related file from /var/etc

CCcam related scripts from /var/script (e.g LogCleanUp.sh,CCcamCheck.sh,keyupdater.sh)

In /ect/ edit the crontab file and remove anything CCcam related like you see below

Code
    56 03 * * * root killall CCcam.x86
    57 03 * * * root /var/script/configupdate.sh >> /var/cccamlog/configupdate.log
    58 03 * * * root /var/script/keyupdater.sh
    59 03 * * * root /usr/local/bin/CCcam.x86
    */5 * * * * root /var/script/CCcamCheck.sh
    03 04 * * 6 root /var/script/LogCleanUp.sh >> /var/cccamlog/CleanUp.log

Everything else will be replaced and can be left alone.

• thanks for that, I was actually trying to remember what I had to remove earlier

• If your freind is not as PC savy as you are mate, "LIKE ME " Oscam to read your card combined with CCcam to share is a good option as CCcam is so user freindly. Also Oscam can read not just pick tv, but HD and 3D channels can clear fine too. Using CCcam to read a *** uk card is just not practical especially with increasing HD channels I think there's over 40 now.

Oh and the fact you can buy a cheap HD reciever for under £70 it's all good :@)

• If your freind is not as PC savy as you are mate, "LIKE ME " Oscam to read your card combined with CCcam to share is a good option as CCcam is so user freindly. Also Oscam can read not just pick tv, but HD and 3D channels can clear fine too. Using CCcam to read a *** uk card is just not practical especially with increasing HD channels I think there's over 40 now.

Oh and the fact you can buy a cheap HD reciever for under £70 it's all good :@)

It's not even that he's not great with pc's, it's that combined with being a pain in the arse for messing with things. My first attempt at a server was destroyed when I left him overnight with it. I could've strangled him lol.

I'll let you know how i get on with oscam when I get the chance, thanks for the advice guys.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!