Oscam automatic start on boot

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,686 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• How do you make softcam automatically turn on when you boot. I like to shut down box at night and have to restart it everytime. I have Oscam r11518 installed. Sorry if this has been asked before or wrong place to post , I can't find how to.

Thanks

• I have OpenATV 6.2 on a Zgemma H5.2s. On the info Panel there are two options, OScamInfo and Softcam-Setup gives options but nothing I can find for automatic start. I recently did a software update and it removed the softcams. So I installed Oscam r11518 from the Softcam feed, but can't figure how to make it start on boot automatically.

• Hello.

There are more ways to autostart softcam on Enigma because developers are trying to make it easier for less skilled users.

Automatic start of softcam should be ensured by IPK - installation package. Of course, there are also minor differences in how to run the Enigma softcam. Some Enigma distributions support all types of softcam execution, but some Enigma distributions only a few (for example, by identifying "/etc/*.emu" files are controlled by the Softcam-Panel plugin).

I always recommend manually configuring and installing softcam. Then you know exactly what's going on in your set-top box. Then you have an overview of your softcam. Although it is more complicated than using an IPK installation package.

Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages

I also recommend reading the "introduction" text file inside the downloaded archive "installing-softcam-on-Enigma" which you find in the above article (as attachment). It is mainly focused on your OpenATV image, but it also applies to some other Enigma.

• Why the problem with removing previous Oscam ? Do you mean IPK package ? Or just stopping Oscam on your system (+ overwriting binary file in the folder "/usr/bin") ?

• Have you tried

softcam-feed-universal_4.3-r0_all.ipk

Just remove old oscam and restart stb,install this ipk and new oscam.

• I have the same problem, on reboot the oscam does not autostart, so that I have to start it everytime manually. Is there a telnet command to perform this isssue, for example such as

/etc/init.d/softcam.oscam autostart or

/etc/init.d/softcam autostart

there are commands like this /etc/init.d/softcam.oscam <Start/Stop/Restart>

Btw my system is OpenPLI 7.3 on Vu+ SoloSE

Edited once, last by aorhan69 ().

• Check this:

Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages

//// EDIT:

Or read the beginning of my script ... there you will find info for manual procedures for installing softcam in Enigma distributions, but especially in OpenATV and OpenPLi:

- github (source file): https://github.com/s3n0/e2scripts/blob/master/softcam
    - download (raw file): https://github.com/s3n0/e2scripts/raw/master/softcam

• Взаимодействие с другими людьми

init 4

update-rc.d softcam defaults 50

init 6

oscam will start automatically.

• Ok thanks, I have installed the oscam from the feed, it has also added the autostart script for oscam. I assume the code that you gave make the same thing, installing the script from the feed.

Thanks again

• Of course yes ... the installation package automatically detects which Enigma distribution you are using and, based on that, selects the correct script. For example, if any specialties are required, such as a different folder for SoftCAMs binaries or for special scripts ... or there may be be some other special method of installing SoftCAMs ... which unfortunately in some Enigma distributions is really needed.

However, in most cases, in each Enigma, the standard "Linux" installation and boot procedure must also work when booting this Linux (in a set top box).

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!