OpenATV SoftCam Feed Discussion Thread

There are 380 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 122,043 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Hi.

Same issue here x3x2x1 :-(

I have been tested lot of new feed.

Notice: The new feed, doesn't work with the new feed of OpenATV 6.2 or OpenATV 6.3 for Oscam version "enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.523-emu-r796-arm+mips_all.ipk" or "enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.522-emu-r796-arm+mips_all.ipk".

To get oscam version 11.522 or 11523 working, it only works for older feed of Open ATV 6.2 or Open 6.3.

I've been tested Open ATV 6.2 "openatv-6.2-mutant51-20190611_usb.zip" and that works 100% with new version of OSCAM.

I guess we have to wait for a new feed of OpenATV 6.2 or 6.3 who works for a newer version of OSCAM.

****** Let us hear from others. ********

What have you done to make it work?

Please tell us in detail how you have solved the problem - so we others can benefit from your opinions :-)

• Official Post

Purpose of installing feeds is to install softcam from those feeds. The softcam feed has nothing to do with controlling softcams other than facilitating installation from the feed.

To avoid confusion, feed = softcam download server

If you are using an ipk from somewhere else, it is nothing to do with those feeds. This is not the thread for you.

If you download oscam trunk, it will be the very latest. (up to 24 hour delay)

• Official Post

In order to assist those with softcams from the softcam feed ( what this thread is about), I will be moving/deleting posts that are not specific to cams obtained from the secret feeds server.

If you are interested in using cams not from the secret feed, please start your own thread. Be advised, if they are not coded to work with NEW openATV code, you will have problems.

• ????

Receiver/TV:

• Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@LG 65" OLED
    • GigaBlue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@Samsung 32" LED
    • 2x Vu+ Solo² / 465GB & 230GB / OpenATV 6.3
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    • TechniSat SkyStar HD 2@Medion 17" (2.PC)

Pay TV: 4th Empire propaganda TV, Redlight, ORF, HD-, Sky

Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 + Telekom VDSL 100 / Linksys WRT1900ACS / IPv4 (UM+Telekom) + IPv6 (Hurricane Electric)

• Some news:

CAM related inside the oe-alliance core:

Related to CAMs on the feed:

Receiver/TV:

Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 + Telekom VDSL 100 / Linksys WRT1900ACS / IPv4 (UM+Telekom) + IPv6 (Hurricane Electric)

• A quick question:

Why was the oscam version name removed from the startscripts? All oscam versions are now reported as simply oscam and the users have nowhere to see what version they run unless they enter the webif!

On the old openATV softcam system the full cam name could be read from .emu files or the confic.actcam params, however the new startscripts for both oscam and ncam only provide a short and long description which is always the same and lacks important info.

If a camname field with the full name (etc oscam-emu 11529.746) is added in the startscripts the skinners will also have a converter available to read the value and render it to skins.

Please take that into consideration, it's not as a minor issue as it may seem...

Thanks in advance!

• Huh?

You get to see the full name .... "oscam-stable", "oscam-trunk", "oscam-smod" or "ncam".

Receiver/TV:

• No, that's not the full names, there's no version and there's nowhere for skinners to read even these values so that they render them on skins....
    A converter cannot do the os.listdir function in real time without CPU exhaustion to read these names, the only solution is to read the values from the scripts and they are not there!

• For instance this is the start of the script when using oscam, oscam-emu, oscam-trunk

All three versions have the exact same segment, so if a skinner uses that to read the cam name has only the short and description fields to do so.

A modification in Short-description from

Code
    # Short-Description: oscam

to

Code
    # Short-Description: oscam-emu 11529.746

would suffice for skinners to have the correct version readable on skins.

• This header is by no means meant to be filled with stuff like that.

For complete Linux distributions, the values here allow to detect how services depend on each other (or not) in order to determine an optimized boot order.

The minimalistic Linux on the box (yocto) doesn't actually intepret these lines when adding services, but as a matter of good style I added those headers anyways.

And also this header is not suitable as an information source for skinners either unless you want to see your box crash, just because of trying to gather nonsense information:

As nobody is forced to write proper headers in init.d scripts on E2 boxes, most people actually don't!

I could add these info inside the scripts for CAMs from the feed, but the assumptions of skinners would fail as soon as someone writes his own script or uses 3rd party ones, which is perfectly ok.

If you want more detailled info on the oscam version that is currently running, use the Python counterpart of

Code
    cat /tmp/.oscam/oscam.version | grep Version: | sed 's#Version: *##'

Result:

Code
    root@quad4k ~ # cat /tmp/.oscam/oscam.version | grep Version: | sed 's#Version: *##'
    oscam-smod-r11529

Receiver/TV:

• We do definitely need some periodic auto cam check though. (like the original plugin)

I run a 3rd party script to update my cam files from a 3rd party source.

Every time I run this 3rd party plugin, I have to manually go into softcams and start the cams again.

This scenario also happens if you change the details of a cam file.

You have to manually restart softcams again.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• OpenPLI's startscripts have the version name in the scripts and that facilitates the skinners, running commands within the converters to get the version from /tmp does not! So why you'd think the header containing the full camname is nonsense information is beyond me...

Anyway, I'll try to write code with reading from oscam.version, but I don't think it'll work as it should!

BTW why is there a cardserver section, is there any cam today that works this way that softcam won't cover? Seems way too redundant! For what is worth, if the system can run both a softcam and a cardserver then the latter could be named softcam2 and allow this function with two softcams...

• OpenPLI's startscripts have the version name in the scripts and that facilitates the skinners, running commands within the converters to get the version from /tmp does not!

The softcams.inc used by me to auto-generate start scripts is the very same as on OpenPLi.

The resulting init.d for CCcam is:

It has no header at all!

You can invoke the init-script with parameter "version" or "info" though, which will output the hardcoded version information:

Code
    root@quadbox ~ # /etc/init.d/softcam.CCcam version
    root@quadbox ~ # /etc/init.d/softcam.CCcam info
    CCcam 2.3.2

But this also works for my oscam/ncam start script:

Code
    root@quadbox ~ # /etc/init.d/softcam version
    oscam-smod-r11529 with IPv6
    root@quadbox ~ # /etc/init.d/softcam info
    oscam-smod-r11529 with IPv6

Yes, I didn't strip "oscam-" from output for "version" parameter yet ...

You should be aware though that certain 3rd party CAM packages come with scripts that only interpret "start" and consider any other parameter as "stop", so the skin would stop the CAM permanently as soon as the user installs such a CAM.

Receiver/TV:

• What files are you referring to as "cam files"?

The binary? The config files?

Receiver/TV:

Softcam Feeds Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Softcam Feeds.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!