OpenATV SoftCam Feed Discussion Thread

There are 380 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 122,697 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• where in var can i find softcam fail on open atv.

Hi.

I don't exactly understand your question.

If you mean decoding and error checking during Oscam itself, you can find it in Oscam-Webif ---> Live Log.

If you mean problems with running Oscam under a Linux set-top box, it is best to solve it via a terminal connection (PuTTY application for example), via SSH and Telnet protocols. For example, you can try to run the oscam binary manually... and see what the system says as an error:

/usr/bin/oscam -V (version / build info)

Or directly start the Oscam in the terminal:

/usr/bin/oscam -r 2

• Hi.

I don't understand exactly. Does the normal softcam feed for OpenATV not work ?

In my opinion, it should also work in 7.3 or not ? Is there a different OE version ?

Direct web installation not working? That is, running the original softcam feed installation shell-script from the web:

• the normal softcam feed ( softcam-feed-universal_4.7-r0_all ) for OpenATV not work for the OpenAtv 7.3 , but for the 7.2 it does.

• The last stable OpenATV version is 7.2 and not 7.3. Why are you downloading the test (beta/alpha) version 7.3?

There is probably another OE version and that's why it doesn't work. You can try this as a temporary solution:

Code
    wget -O /tmp/feed --no-check-certificate "http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed"
    chmod a+x /tmp/feed
    sed -i '133iOEVER="5.2"' /tmp/feed
    /tmp/feed

That should help. The OE 5.2 feed will also be used in OpenATV 7.3. This means that the softcam feed intended for OpenATV 7.2 will be used in OpenATV 7.3.

However, I warn you... that after the release of the official version 7.3, it would be a good idea to uninstall this softcam-feed again and install the original one again (it will then be modified so that it works for the 7.3 version as well).

• On the official site of Open ATV you will find the new OpenAtv 7.3

openATV Nightly Downloads

• Your link is bad. It is intended for developers, beta-testers or experienced users who know that the standard softcam feed extension will not work yet ! They can also deal with problems, and even report these problems or propose their own correction (on Github).

The official http link for downloading OpenATV is here:

Downloads gesamt

And there you will only find version 7.2 - as the last stable released version of OpenATV.

If you edit the http link manually to download version 7.3, it does not mean that it is the official version !

• Do it by commandline and it will get the correct one for your version of image.

Code
    wget -O - -q http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed | bash

Or just open OpenWebif and look at the information, in the left column click on info: "About device". And the "OE-Alliance ?.?" version will be also listed there.

• Do it by commandline and it will get the correct one for your version of image.

Code
    wget -O - -q http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed | bash

I did try twice with this command plus with the OpenATV_softcam_feed_v8.0.ipk file, but it did not work (octagon sf8008/openATV 7.3).

I had to install oscam-emu & Oscamicam using their respective ipk files.

octagon sf8008 4K combo

• I don't understand what you're arguing about?!!..while the beta version still exists, there is no way to set the view of softcams.. until at least one stable release is released .. use ipk emulator packages, and all problems will disappear like a thick layer of dirt from your shoes :grinning face with smiling eyes:

• anestis1956

Why don't you read what I write ?

POST No. #325 - However, it is only a temporary solution !

I also wrote that the NEWEST version does not mean a good version. This version 7.3 is a test version. Not officially released. Only version 7.2 is available for download on the official website of OpenATV. But not 7.3. This test version 7.3 can only be downloaded via the modified link.

Many softcams do not have many dependencies on the Linux system (system libraries) used in set-top boxes. Of course... sometimes the dependencies (on system libraries such as SSL, CRYTPO, USB, etc.) also change... but not very often. So the softcams for OE 5.2 from the current OpenATV 7.2 should also work in the test version of OpenATV 7.3.

• I'll tell you my experience than you decide what to do...

Did a clean install on Octagon sf 8008 the command "wget -O - -q http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed | bash" was executed but no showing of "softcam" folder in plugins menu ,

Did a online flashing from 7.2 to 7.3 with a restore of all on zgemma h9s , all went well, all the plugins restored and worked but a few ones, all the cams figured in "init d" but no cam files in " /usr/bin" so they wouldnt start, i had to do it manually actually cancelling and installing from ipk...

but an advice to the one who only have one decoder and like to upgrade it .....dont do it , wait for a more stable build!

• Official Post

check again looks file access rights are wrong

Working fine. Thanks for fixing.

• Has the OE "5.3" folder been added to the server ? How fast was that, uhm. In the case of Python3 test versions a year ago, it took a very long time to add another folder for the new OE :-).

BTW, guys like Captain  SpaceRat  Space-Rat  Nicker etc. ... please ... who in the OpenATV team has access to the "feed" shell-script ? SpaceRat ?

Earlier I suggested modifying the code in the "feed" shell script, specifically in the get_oever() function. This was a case of the POSIX syntax of the "sed" tool, which was not written correctly and did not work well in all cases of Linux-Shell interpreters... but in the meantime, I have an even better suggestion, to modify the code of the mentioned function to remove it redundant text, already directly in the Python code and not in the Linux-Shell:

- from original:

- to this new code:

Softcam Feeds Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Softcam Feeds.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!