oscam problem with the newer versions

There are 64 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 26,810 times. The last Post () by Phoenixx.

• master64nl :

Sorry I can not.

I'd have to see what's what. In order not to remove functional libraries. However, you can always make links (symbolic links) in Linux ... but you must be sure which libraries are working in your Enigma. Probably the original version in your Enigma will be 1.0.2 and it needs to make symbolic links from the old versions if some old Softcam needs to use these old versions as well. If I don't know what's in your directory right now, I can't help you.

Unfortunately, as you mentioned earlier, you created links from the old versions to new version and thus non-existing files. So there may be a big mess now.

It looks like it now links to another link :). But no library files already exist in your directory :). Just links to links that don't exist. So I don't know.

• Oscam size is bigger because has inside all the function of libcrypto, and is indepedent from libcrypto in your receiver.

I dont know if you must have libcrypto v. 0.9.8 in your image. Check again in telnet if this version missed.

If you must install libcrypto v.0.9.8 , here is in attach. I have also DM800se ( original ), and BH image , and I not have problem with

libcrypto. I have both libcrypto in image.

• Issue with enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.523-emu-r796-arm+mips_all.ipk , not working with the lastest OpenATV 6.2 openatv-6.2-mutant51-20190618.

I tryed to install a older version of OpenATV 6.2 "openatv-6.2-mutant51-20190613, it seems to work 100 %.

Notice: Did not work on Mutant HD51 only older versions

How do i fix this issue, so the latest oscam works with the latest OpenATV 6.2 ? Please help.

1. Can't see the oscam are activated.

2, Black screen on all channels.

• Oscam size is bigger because has inside all the function of libcrypto, and is indepedent from libcrypto in your receiver.

I dont know if you must have libcrypto v. 0.9.8 in your image. Check again in telnet if this version missed.

If you must install libcrypto v.0.9.8 , here is in attach. I have also DM800se ( original ), and BH image , and I not have problem with

libcrypto. I have both libcrypto in image.

Perhaps you have seen what a mess I made with telnet commands. My knowledge is not that good. I am loyal at one side and when this site is gone I am looking for a new one. The same with a site to get the right channel list or oscam. Stay on the same site and most of the time when a problem pops up they have the solution. Like this time.

I use PLI images for many many years and get to know them a bit. Telnet in DCC I use for to give reboot :) That is my knowledge.

So, for me this is strange because the PLI 7 image I use from this forum, I use this image a long time now and I download many times the oscam binary whom is about 500 to 600 KB. After a while I check the oscam binary for newer versions and put them in the box untill my post here about not working from 11507.

Image is not changed! Still the same. Oscam is changed? Yes, other version but not working. That`s why my question in the opening post.

I try to do what people are saying to me with telnet commands but when I have to fill in my self and it is the first time to do this it probably go wrong.

So, please give me the right chewed out commands?

• master64nl:

The answer to your problem has already been written several times. If you still can't solve the problem yourself, you need a man with more experience in Enigma. Write me if you want on Skype, and if you believe me give me TeamViewer ID and look at it remotely - I hope you can fix it.

Why should I keep repeating what is wrong and what you have to fix in the set-top box. You won't do it anyway.

• I found this oscam - emu with static libcrypto. Work on all images. Try with this.

Replace this oscam with your oscam, and change attributes to 755. Restart the box.

This is the biggest oscam I ever met. Unzipped 2,48 MB big :) I will try out. It works :) Where did you get this one from? It is biggr than the original I download from the feeds, these are 1,7 MB

I do not understand now , where is the problem. Here you wrote that oscam work. Does a oscam succesfully installed or not?

• I found this oscam - emu with static libcrypto. Work on all images. Try with this.

Replace this oscam with your oscam, and change attributes to 755. Restart the box.

This is the biggest oscam I ever met. Unzipped 2,48 MB big :) I will try out. It works :) Where did you get this one from? It is biggr than the original I download from the feeds, these are 1,7 MB

I do not understand now , where is the problem. Here you wrote that oscam work. Does a oscam succesfully installed or not?

Your "big" oscam works. The oscam from the feed also works. The (I think compressed) oscam 11507 works. The (I think compressed) oscam above the version 11507 does not work. I can leaf it that way and stay on 11507 or the one from the feed but I want to know why the other oscams above the 11507 does not work???

Do you understand me now?

• master64nl:

Because other Oscams do not contain the necessary libraries (libssl, libcrypto, ...) as well as this large file. These libraries are not included inside of other Oscams.

Since it did not solve the OpenPLi-7 library problem and there is chaos, libraries are used that are directly included in Oscam. Since you have not fixed the libssl and libcrypto libraries in your OpenPLi-7, then other OpenPLi tools that require these libraries (such as OpenVPN, OpenSSL, and others) will not work.

• What exactly is meant by "replace for a oscam" ?

- do you mean IPK softcam package manually installed via the Shell ?

- do you mean IPK softcam packages installed from an additional softcam feed resource ?

- do you mean replacing the softcam binary file (in the folder "/usr/bin") ?

• In such a case (binary file) the situation is more complicated.

A particular binary file may not contain all modules and functions (depending on which platform the binary is predetermined or for which platform it was compiled).

You need to be sure that the binary file is designed for Enigma distribution of a particular type and that it is designed for the chipset architecture in your set-top box (this is mainly CPU type). Otherwise, for example, if the binary file is designed for a WiFi router and not for a Enigma, then communication with the UNI card-reader will not work properly in your set-top box. If only the chipset architecture fits, it is not enough - there must fit everything.

To replace a binary, you must make sure that you use the correct type of binaries.

Most softcam binaries for Enigma distributions are compatible and should fit everywhere - into every Enigma. However, this is not always a condition.

It is also important to follow the procedure for replacing the binaries. First, stop the softcam daemon. Then overwrite the binary. If you rewrite a file, its attributes should be preserved. If you delete the old file first and then upload the new file, you must to set again the execution attributes (chmod +x /path/to/some/file). Then start the softcam again.

• Why would you want to replace a definitely working oscam with a different one you obviously didn't even compile yourself and that just "might work"?

I don't get it why people are that keen on going the hard way ...

If there are cams on an image's feed already, replacing them by some generic and usually silly built 3rd party cam packages or ipks can hardly work any better than the cams provided by the image team and built/compiled for that image.

Receiver/TV:

• Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@LG 65" OLED
    • GigaBlue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@Samsung 32" LED
    • 2x Vu+ Solo² / 465GB & 230GB / OpenATV 6.3
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    • TechniSat SkyStar HD 2@Medion 17" (2.PC)

Pay TV: 4th Empire propaganda TV, Redlight, ORF, HD-, Sky

Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 + Telekom VDSL 100 / Linksys WRT1900ACS / IPv4 (UM+Telekom) + IPv6 (Hurricane Electric)

• Thank you guys for the nice explanation about oscam binary`s. Not all images has working feeds or oscam inside. This one has.

I think I was lucky for several years to pick these oscam binary's from the net and had always the latest oscam working.

As I said in earlier posts, the site where I picked up the binary`s is no longer online. I think this is where it went wrong for me.

If you guys know where to get them I appreciate it very much :GMlinuxsat1:

• Basically, two chipset architectures are used currently as the most popular:

arm-v7/v8

mips-el

For Enigma distributions, only universal binaries are usually created (compiled) that should work in every Enigma.

Also, everything depends on the available libraries (modules) that are not included in the binaries. It is supposed to be part of every "small distribution" of Linux.

However, it depends very much on binary file launchers (of Softcam). Many Enigma distributions differ in Softcams support - this also applies to Softcam launchers. For example, if the configuration directory is not defined in the Softcam launcher, then it is automatically searched (using the Softcam binary algorithm). However, when a default configuration directory is found that has already been preinstalled by the IPK package (using the default config directory with default config. files), this is the first one found and not your another config folder, which may be the second one in the folder search order. If the configuration folder you have used so far is in the lower order then it will be ignored (you must move your config files to the first folder or add an argument specifying the configuration directory to the softcam launcher). Specifically, the oscam binary uses the "-c /path/to/config/directory" argument for this purpose.

Simply written - unfortunately, not every launcher (according to the IPK installer) also sets the argument to specify the configuration directory. In this case, the softcam must search for the configuration automatically. If softcam finds it, he will use it. However, the directory search order is precisely defined. For Oscam the config dir search order is defined here (searching for a specific "oscam.conf" file from several directories in order):

https://github.com/OpenVisionE…60476064123/oscam.c#L1652

http://www.streamboard.tv/oscam/browser/trunk/oscam.c#L1652

So if your current config is in a lower position than the default config installed with the IPK package, unfortunately your configuration directory will not be used, but only the default configuration directory. The "/etc/tuxbox/config/" directory has the highest priority in automatic configuration search (unless the directory was specified by the arguments in the Oscam launcher).

As I wrote, it is complicated and even with a small error, the whole system may fall quietly :). Linux / Unix based systems are perfect, but it is necessary to have at least basic experience.

• You must know I am a noob wit Linux, Unix and programming C++

Thank you for the (for me difficult) explanation. I heard from a Dutch forum that this problem is not only with dreambox boxes also with other ones since a half year, so I am not the only one whom has noticed. They gave me a few rules to put in the right order in putty to the dreambox but I get not a satisfying respons, see picture.linuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/123534/

• What is the libcrypto-compat library ? You dont need that library, I think. BTW, you already have a libcrypto library installed. Otherwise, creating links to an existing libcrypto library would not work.

Of course, if you want to link the file-name directly, you must be in the appropriate folder, of course. So, as the first, you should use the directory change command: cd /usr/lib . Only then should you use the "ln" linking command.

And in your last command on the screenshot you even have errors in the path to the directory.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!