oscam problem with the newer versions

There are 64 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 26,639 times. The last Post () by Phoenixx.

• master64nl:

All these problems are often caused by the old version of Enigma. Your OpenPLi is probably a very old version that no longer contains current libraries. You are trying to install a new Oscam, which unfortunately requires the most commonly used libraries, which are already included in all current Enigma distributions.

- you can try Enigma package manager:

opkg update && opkg list | grep libssl

- then find the libssl library in displayed list, and install the newest library:

opkg install <libssl_package_name>

- libssl is also part of the OpenSSL package - so it would be perfect to update this package, of course, only if your old version of Enigma can still update online from the feed... unfortunately, the very old versions of Enigma are no longer supported

- if there is no libusb library for your Enigma on the feed server, you can also to try create a symbolic link to another version of libssl on your set-top box:

ls -al /usr/lib/libssl*

- the green ink color means the library module / the cyan ink color (with the arrow) means a symbolic link

- create a symbolic link to the newer (or older) libssl (caution - backward compatibility with another libusb may not be 100%):

ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.2 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8

(ln -s physical_file symbolic_link)

- if the symbolic link to libssl 1.0.2 does not work, so there is no 1.0.2 version but another version of libssl

- or another one example (sym-link to older libssl):

ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.2 /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0

• Official Post

I will try the oscam commands looking for faults.

Install the ipk then try oscam

If you still get the same error looking for libssl run this command ln -sf /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8

• I will try the oscam commands looking for faults.

Install the ipk then try oscam

If you still get the same error looking for libssl run this command ln -sf /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8

Does not work. I get error. Can not install. Don`t ask again to install . And that command is doing nothing ln -sf /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8

• So again ...

OpenPLi-7 and also OpenATV-6.3 contains the current version of libssl 1.0.2, so this linking will work:

Code
    cd /usr/lib
    ln -s libssl.so.1.0.2 libssl.so.0.9.8
    ln -s libssl.so.1.0.2 libssl.so.1.0.0

(sorry, in the previous post I put the order of arguments on the contrary: the correct first argument represents a physical file on disk + the second argument represents a symbolic link)

However, I do not understand why you are using other Softcam IPK installation packages than those existing on OpenPLi's feed servers !!! Simply install the sotfcam IPK package that already exists on the feed server for OpenPLi-7 and for your set-top box (the chipset is already selected automatically according to your device type):

Code
    opkg update
    opkg list | grep oscam
    opkg install <package_name>

Then upload all configuration files for Oscam and reboot the set-top box. If necessary, just override the "/usr/bin/oscam" binary file designed for your Dreambox device (mipsel chipset) and designed primarily for OpenPLi needs that can be found everywhere on the Internet.

• OpenPLi-7 and also OpenATV-6.3 contains the current version of libssl 1.0.2, so this linking will work: Code
    cd /usr/lib
    ln -s libssl.so.1.0.2 libssl.so.0.9.8
    ln -s libssl.so.1.0.2 libssl.so.1.0.0

(sorry, in the previous post I put the order of arguments on the contrary: the correct first argument represents a physical file on disk + the second argument represents a symbolic link)

I have PLI 7 image and in usr/lib is libssl.so.1.02

• master64nl :

So you finally tried what I was writing ? :) OpenPLi-7 or older versions of OpenPLi also include their own Softcams directly on feed servers (also found in MENU -> Plugins) while OpenPLi's IPK packages should also include the necessary modules.

The mystery in your case is why you don't have libssl installed. Obviously OpenPLi does not have OpenSSL installed by default and must be installed (I think so, sorry, I am using OpenATV onlny for a long time). Libraries like libcrypto or libssl would be installed with OpenSSL package. I don't understand why you have such problems at all, because OpenPLi Enigma has no problems with Softcams installation at all. You probably just use the wrong IPK installer.

Please, write what you have already tried from above or at least what I wrote :). Otherwise I leave this thread of discussion. I'm trying to help you, but you're not testing anything from what I wrote above. Otherwise, this will be lost to my free time :(.

• 1. please omit the empty spaces between the slash characters in the directory path to file :)

(so, not / usr / lib / libssl .... but the correct is /usr/lib/libssl.... )

Panda555 put the commands incorrectly - out of code TAG, but I put it in my post correctly !

2. you have not tried everything ... with the command: ls -la /usr/lib/libssl* find out which SSL library you have installed, then what is not a sym-link (at the beginning of the attributes in the list they have the small character "L" - means the link) and is a physical file on disk, so create a symbolic link to it

• Oh God ... you ruined it well. If you have Skype and if you believe me, write me then, give me the TeamViewer access and look at it.

I told you that the correct syntax for linking is as follows: ln -sf <file-to-disk> <virtual-symbolic-link> One of the two seems to be incorrectly linked (the one showing the sym-link with the entire directory).

After typing the command ls -al /usr/lib/libssl* into Shell you should get this:

Code
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            15 Jun 16 17:04 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 -> libssl.so.1.0.2
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            15 May 12 05:03 /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0 -> libssl.so.1.0.2
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        359072 Feb 24 14:59 /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.2

I recommend updating the entire OpenPLi-7 Enigma via the GUI MENU.

I hope you update libssl module for your Enigma and overwrite the one you have from nowhere.

P.S.:

That's why MasterG sent you a libssl module because he thought you didn't have any module in your Enigma. You can uninstall the libssl (if possible and if it is not part of OpenPLi) with the helping of opkg manager. In my opinion, you replace the installed 0.9.8 with a sym-link :). Because after installing 0.9.8, you had both versions 0.9.8 and 1.0.2. But now I see on your screehshots only 1.0.2 in green and still broken link for 0.9.8 (probably the original library what you installed before).

• I found this oscam - emu with static libcrypto. Work on all images. Try with this.

Replace this oscam with your oscam, and change attributes to 755. Restart the box.

This is the biggest oscam I ever met. Unzipped 2,48 MB big :) I will try out. It works :) Where did you get this one from? It is biggr than the original I download from the feeds, these are 1,7 MB

• Give me baby steps to get this right?

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!