oscam problem with the newer versions

There are 64 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 26,767 times. The last Post () by Phoenixx.

• libcrypto-compat is a package on oe-a images (OpenATV, OpenViX, ...) that provides support for binary blobs that still require older OpenSSL 0.9.8 or 0.9.7.

In fact, it's nothing but the links.

Which brings us back to the main problem:

SoftCAMs from image feeds usually have properly set dependencies that cause the image's package manager (opkg in most cases, apt-get on DreamOS) to automatically fulfill these dependencies by installing the required packages first.

SoftCAMs from generic "fits all images" packages usually only really fit one image (or none at all).

For all others, they just do "something" a packager who doesn't even use that image deemed fit.

If you know what a toolchain is and if you can tell what version of which library your image contains and if you can modify a toolchain and you can cross-compile, then you can consider building your own oscam, oscam-emu, ncam, .... from source.

If you don't, simply use the CAMs from the feed. Any external source can only be worse.

Receiver/TV:

• Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@LG 65" OLED
    • GigaBlue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@Samsung 32" LED
    • 2x Vu+ Solo² / 465GB & 230GB / OpenATV 6.3
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    • TechniSat SkyStar HD 2@Medion 17" (2.PC)

Pay TV: 4th Empire propaganda TV, Redlight, ORF, HD-, Sky

Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 + Telekom VDSL 100 / Linksys WRT1900ACS / IPv4 (UM+Telekom) + IPv6 (Hurricane Electric)

• ROFL again !

..........back to the main problem:

SoftCAMs from image feeds usually have properly set dependencies that cause the image's package manager (opkg in most cases, apt-get on DreamOS) to automatically fulfill these dependencies by installing the required packages first.

Plugins, applications, modules are developed for Enigma as a standard. If a plugin or module is unable to work with a whole series of all kinds of Enigma distributions (for example, linked to OE-Alliance group or at least according to the rules and unwritten standards of OE 1.6 / 2.0 / 2.2 / 2.5), then the code was not created by the programmer but an amateur or beginner who ignores standards, compatibility, and multifunctionality. The basis of OpenSource programming is just code that should work everywhere, or you can customize it to work anywhere. However, it is best if the code does not need to be edited and works everywhere (depending on the platform for which the code is intended - for example, for set-top boxes based on Enigma Linux distributions).

I was a system programmer (Assembler) - a long time ago. I know very well the code literally in logical 1 and 0 (binary code) and I know many processor architectures. So why do you always have to write some of your foolish stuff ? When you know a C language and Python language, you know the Enigma code (OpenATV), so it doesn't mean you're the Lord of the world. SpaceRat from OpenATV. ROFL.

SoftCAMs from generic "fits all images" packages usually only really fit one image (or none at all).

For all others, they just do "something" a packager who doesn't even use that image deemed fit.

I didn't write about SoftCAMs (IPK installation packages, Softcam launching, etc.), but about their binaries only !

Softcams are dependent, as I wrote above, mainly on binary code - it is especially important that the binary is executable on the appropriate hardware: chipset architecture, available modules and drivers, Linux kernel compatibility.

If the Softcam daemon does not start automatically, it is an IPK package error because it sets the "trigger" for only the one king of Enigma that is far from all the other Enigma distributions. For example, launching Softcams in PurE2 Enigma is different than usual with other Enigma distributions and requires a special IPK package, although there is still a possibility to use the standard Linux way to launch Softcams (binary + system method of launching).

Developers moving from a standard and compatible stream of development are thoughtful people.

This is done to make Softcams accessible and manageable for SKIN (GUI) in Enigma. The user can then see the Softcam status directly in SKIN - on the TV display. Can restart, stop, change, set Softcams directly in SKIN (GUI MENU), etc. . In my opinion, this is unnecessary because the Softcam and its configuration do not belong to the ordinary user and thus does not belong to the GUI interface either.

If some system libraries (modules) are missing from the Linux system, this is a particular Enigma distribution error. It's not a bug of a particular binary ! That's why it's called a "binary file" because it contains compiled code for a particular chipset architecture (Assembler), independent of libraries, modules in the Linux system ! Ultimately, however, the Softcam binary designed for the chipset architecture (CPU) must be executable in any Enigma with this architecture. If some libraries are bugging, it's easy to add them (each popular Enigma includes its own feed source).

Unleashing Enigma without a functional and compatible libssl module is really embarrassing. I'd rather delete the additional 2 SKINs and add the necessary libraries instead (and of course the links from the last old versions, to the new ones). Enigma binaries are usually pre-built (compiled) so that no additional libraries, modules, and packages are required. There is a presumption that Enigma will already contain the necessary libraries! If it doesn't, it's bad! Even the very small image of firmware with Enigma distributions contains everything necessary.

Nothing can be described with one sentence, as you do. Everything always has many thousands of details around. Your interpretation will be explained to the beginner by his own opinion and incorrectly.

If you want to explain something to people, don't just explain it with one sentence. Not at all if it's an IT area.

• This forum is for satellite receivers. Please post for the benefit of satellite receivers. I will be deleting posts that do not help users.

1. I commented on a post from SpaceRat because his idea was incomplete and deviates from the topic

- According to what SpaceRat wrote, he knows nothing about machine code at all and only knows Linux and Enigma (i.e. C languages, Python language, Linux console - scripting)

- he writes about IPK packages, but I mean binaries

- SpaceRat didn't explain anything to the interviewer at all, he just wrote a pointless hate to my post, then I tried to explain what SpaceRat commented on and how it works in Enigme (for interviewers)

2. I haven't challenged, offended, behaved in the discussion, and I haven't violated any of the discussion board rules

3. I leave this discussion forum because @ abu-baniaz moderator is cheeky, rude, aggressive, intrusive and complex (attacks every one of my posts mentioning my own skills - this is the cause of his inferiority complexes) ... it's not the first conflict with this ugly man

Everyone who needs my help knows where they can find me on the Internet ... I am not registered in this discussion forum to have a discussion moderator throw me an unreasonable hate.

The water level has already passed.

Goodbye everyone.

P.S. :

Finally, I will have more time for my own projects and work than writing a 30-minute post here, which is then deleted by some aggressive and impudent moderator. I'm not here to kill free time. I was here to help people who ask questions.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!